X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Considering 1055 - Rotel Newbie

Ok, I currently own a yamaha 992 that I bought in 97. I am looking to upgrade it and was swaying between the denon 3803 and the new yamaha 2400 coming out in september.

Then I found out about the rotel 1055. Now my question is, this unit came out last november. Would I be better off waiting until November to see if a new model drops or go ahead and get this unit next month when I can afford it?

My current setup is:

Samsung TXN3071WHF
    Yamaha RX-V992 (next to get upgraded)
    Audio Authority 1154
    Panasonic RP-91
    B&W Matrix HTM (center), B&W AS6 Sub
    B&W DM604 Fronts
    B&W DM603 Rear
    MIT Terminator2 BiWire to fronts and center
    bluejeancables component video cable
    Panamax MAX5100 Power Center
    HTM MX-500

Ive been browsing your forum the last couple hours trying to learn as much as I can. The thing I like the best is, between the yamaha and denon, everyone was opinionated as to which was better but noone could give me a clear - go with this and this is why its better. After tonight (today was my first exposure to rotel) I am positive I want it.

I live in an apt and hope to be in a house this time next year. I dont need 7.1 right now, but future possibility is what I want. I want a system that will last me another 6 years like my old one did.

I want quality, I want dts (my receiver is only DD5.1), I want DDEX, I want ProLogic2 (for the game cube). This receiver seems to fit my needs perfectly.

Like I said, should I hold out to see what happens in November or go for it now?

sikoniko
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

There's has not even been a hint that the 1055 will be replaced anytime soon so i'd say if it does what you need buy it when you can afford it. The nice thing about the 1055 is that it makes a wonderful pre amp so when you do get into the house you can always add a nice seperate power amp to beef up the sound a bit should you want to play at louder volumes. As for the Denon's its becoming quite a trend lately for people to start looking at the Denon then end up buying the Rotel after listening to both so you're doing the right thing.

Comment

• spizzi
      • Aug 2003

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

spizzi I guess you're the strong silent type :LOL:

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"