X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

1056 popping information.

Ok we've been hearing a lot of about 1056's popping and various people have questioned what was going on as some units were working fine while others were not. According to Rotel the issue lies in a the DSP chip that appears to drift from it's normal operating parameters when it gets too hot. The Rotel techs at the factory have figured out that the fix requires a change to one of the resistors. All new product shipping now has this new resistor in place and the stock in the warehouse is going to be checked to make sure they work as they should so this issue shouldn't be with us much longer. If you own a 1056 that's got this problem please contact your dealer and have it sent in for the fix.
  • Scherr
    • Dec 2003

As someone who had the popping issue, I want to thank Andrew for all of his help. I am really glad they found a fix.

Scott

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I'm just passing along the info Scott...its the techs at Rotel that deserve the credit :T

Comment

• VinceS
        • Jan 2005

Is this true for the 1068 as well. I have had two units replaced in 3 weeks. Both had loud static like noises prior to the audio going completely out. The first unit also had the static shock that has been described in other threads. I am seriously considering getting out of the Rotel line while I still can.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

The 1068 uses the same chip but from what I was told they (Rotel) hadn't seen any with the same problem...but if the symptoms were the same its likely the issue.

Comment

• DrJRapp
            Super Senior Member
            • Apr 2003

Andrew

How about the 1098? since day one I've had low level static sounding discharges that occur randomly whenever I change sources that I never was very concerned about (compared to my 1098s more serious operational deficiencies) until the 1056 thread appeared.
            Jerry Rappaport

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"