X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

Tuner RT-1080

I am , and have been considering a tuner ever since buying my 1066/1095. I am considering the RT-1080. Any comments or suggestions. Do you folks even care about tuners, and does anyone have the RT-1080? And if so would you care to give me your thoughts.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I havne't used a tuner in my home systems for years...I only ever hear the radio now in my car or on the clock radio in the morning Wish I could help but I'm cluessless on tuners.

Comment

• aero993
      • Feb 2003

I have one, I listen to it every morning. It's a typical tuner, lots of presets. It even lists the call letters of the radio station. I use mainly for zone 2.

Comment

• drobert6
        • Feb 2003

I have an RT-1080 and I must say that it is truly a great sounding tuner. I have three minor issues:

1. The LCD display does not really match the RSP-1066 (different type of LCD) and is way too bright.

2. The LCD display resets itself to "ultra-bright" every time it powers on, ignoring your previous setting. I had to use an IR macro to dim after power on.

3. The RBDS is a little sensitive. If my antenna is not positioned exactly right, the tuner will flash between the radio frequency and call letters on certain stations all day long.

Overall, it's an excellent tuner with some minor issues. I'm basically happy using my work-arounds.

Don

Comment

• Akprimroses
          • Aug 2003

Don,

Is there a coax antenna input on the back of the 1080? In our local market we have a host of national radio stations that come with our cable TV service. I listen to a Chicago classical radio station on my old Marantz 2270. I have a Ratshack UHF/VHF antenna splitter running into the spring leads on the back of the receiver. I have to retune the station every now and again, but I believe that's the old Marantz that's just getting old. It would be nice to have the tuner split out the FM signal rather than the bare wire jury rig system I have now.

Thanks,

Robert

Comment

• drobert6
            • Feb 2003

Robert,

Yes, the RT-1080 actually has two coax FM inputs. I use one with a roof antenna and the other with a standard 300 ohm "T" antenna. Here's a link to the manual with a picture of the back panel:

Don

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"