X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raptor
    • May 2004

How do you configure 2Ch with a SW?

I know this depends alot on what equipment you own, but how do you configure for 2CH Stereo if you own a SW?

Do you use a SW with Large front speakers?

If so, do you use Large or Small under Speaker Setup and with or without a SW?

All replys welcome!

Raptor
  • mourrri
    • Jun 2003

Raptor,

When I listen to 2ch music the left and right speakers are configured to large and I don't use the sw. I prefer listening that way with no sw.

My left and right speakers are B&W 603 and for the music I listen too (jazz, classical, prog. and the odd Misnistry :B ) I find the bottom end sufficient end well balanced with the mid and highs.

regards,

Rick

Comment

• rick c
      • Aug 2004

I also have the 603s3 and set them to large for 2channel.

Comment

• Raptor
        • May 2004

Thanks Rick C. :T

Anyone use Small? or are you all just shy? ops:

Raptor

Comment

• cmr15
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Raptor
          Thanks Rick C. :T

Anyone use Small? or are you all just shy? ops:

Raptor

Using a 1067, I've set up stereo using "small fronts" and an 80mhz crossover for my dynaudio 52's and set the subwoofer to on. I then played around with the subwoofer level. The 52's are not full range and sound better with a sub.

With the 1067, and probably many of the ROTEL processors, you can set different subwoofer levels depending on the input source (i.e. dolby, dts, stereo can all have different sub levels).

... BTW, my speakers may be small, but my subwoofer is LARGE. :B

Comment

• Lefteris
            • Feb 2005

Even if you have great front speakers, you just can't rech those 30 Hz as loud as a sub can do. Alas, there's a catch. You need either a big sub with a moderate amp (at least 200 W for a 12 inch driver) or a small sub (10 inch) with a powerful amp. BUT! Be sure that the internal amp isn't class D if you intend to use it with music. Ok, auditioning resolves everything, but all the class D amps I've encountered, are in HT - intended subs. Try A , AB and such. Also, positioning helps, since stero listening can have clearer sound direction even at the lowest registers. So, be sure you can position your sub close by to your fronts - prefferably in between.

Cheers
            Miles Smiles

Comment

• n3philim
              • Feb 2004

For me, the most critical part of the SW and front speaker integration is the ability to tweak your SW via the SW's controls. REL is pretty adept at this and integrates well with various brands of bookshelves. I've heard Sonus Fabers bookshelves matched with a REL SW. The sound was so good, it seemed like you were listening to a Sonus Faber floor stander.

Just my 2 cents ...

Comment

• DanR
                • Dec 2004

Unfortunately different types of music and recording play at different levels with different types of bass. Constant adjusting of the sub volume and/or lowpass frequency is almost unavoidable, unless you listen to your music very softly at all times.
                :B It's all about the MUSIC!!!

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"