X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dan webster
    • Jan 2005

New member says hi to all.

I am a long time lurker here but this is my first post. I thank you all for all the great information i have learned here. I just upgraded from a rotel 1066 to the 1098 thanks to the information here and i am sure glad i did.
    The 1098 truly is a huge improvement over rhe 1066 along with my 1075 and 1050 amps .I use the 1050 for just the rear center channel.
    Here are some pics of my theater and equipment. Thanks again

• H.Donald
    • Aug 2004

Welcome Dan,
    Nice room,what time is the movie?I'll bring opcorn:

Comment

• emf
      • Jan 2005

Nice room all right, but the fact that you're a drummer makes it even better.

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Nice layout Dan, welcome to Club Rotel :T .

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Welcome to the club :T

Comment

• dan webster
            • Jan 2005

Thanks for the welcome. I see im not the only drummer at this forum. Thanks to playing drums for 30 years i had to buy the rotel components so i can have the volume way up, much to the objections from my wife.

Comment

• emf
              • Jan 2005

Dan,

I'm in eastern Mass. Drumming neighbors, not bad. I go back 40 years, though I haven't played professionally with any degree of seriousness since the 80s. Now it's electronics at home. Did you buy your Rotel from Spearit in Northampton?

Ed

Comment

• dan webster
                • Jan 2005

Ed
                I bought all my rotel gear from Spearit Sound. I live and work about 3 miles from the store. They are real good there. Jim always gives me a fair price when i upgrade there. Plus they eat at my restaurant. They have some amazing and expensive high end equipment there.
                Nice to talk to a fellow drummer. I havent played professionally in quite a while, but i still play for fun. If you are ever down this way let me know and you can pop in and watch a flick.
                Dan

Comment

• Nick M
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Nov 2004

Hey!

I live in Athol now, but I'm from Greenfield originally.

What restaurant is yours?

(Abstain if your answer is Spaghetti Freddy's, or give me vouchers if it's Cha Cha Cha's!).
                  ~Nick

Comment

• emf
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by dan webster
                    Ed
                    I bought all my rotel gear from Spearit Sound. I live and work about 3 miles from the store. They are real good there. Jim always gives me a fair price when i upgrade there. Plus they eat at my restaurant. They have some amazing and expensive high end equipment there.
                    Nice to talk to a fellow drummer. I havent played professionally in quite a while, but i still play for fun. If you are ever down this way let me know and you can pop in and watch a flick.
                    Dan
                    Dan,

I bought mine from Spearit in Boston, though now I'm located south of the city in a small hamlet called Norfolk. Spearit used to be Goodwin's back in the day; it still has the same ownership, and elevated taste in products, now as then. I hadn't been there in years. The late lamented Audiovision in Arlington was my haunt while I lived in Cambridge.

I have family in Amherst and occasionally get to Northampton (wonderful place). Thanks for the kind invitation. Maybe two old gearhead drummers will mix it up someday.

Best,
                    Ed

Comment

• dan webster
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Nicholas Mosher
                      Hey!

I live in Athol now, but I'm from Greenfield originally.

What restaurant is yours?

(Abstain if your answer is Spaghetti Freddy's, or give me vouchers if it's Cha Cha Cha's!).
                      Hi Nicholas, I own Websters Fish Hook on damon rd in Northampton. It's right next to the Coolidge Bridge. I have been there for 20 years ( i feel very old saying that ). I like your picture on your posts. If i did that it would most likely scare everyone here away.
                      If you get down this way stop in and say hi, I am almost always there,or bring a dvd and and earplugs and i will show you my system
                      Dan

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"