X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDE
    • Aug 2003

Problem w/my 1055

Hello..

Was just told this forum existed Hopefully some of you here can be of some help..

I'm having a problem with one connection and have no clue why it isn't working properly..

The problem is w/my Cable sound.. its not working thru the receiver.

Plugged into the Rotel:
    Component Out- to TV Component input
    Video 1: Component 1/Analog 1 - PS2
    Video 2: Component 2/Digital Coaxial 2- DVD player
    Video 3: Digital Coaxial 3- Cable sound from Cable Box
    Video out- TV Video in- to use online setup menu..

I've routed cable picture from Sat receiver straight to TV in using Svideo..and a set of rca cables for TV only sound..

When you first hit OSM it shows the current input selected and what its settings are. For my cable(Video 3) it shows analog as the input. If I then goto main menu and look at video3 setting it then shows coaxial 3.

My only guess is its looking for coaxial3 but not finding it, thus setting it to analog? or my digital cable isn't sending digital audio?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • JDE
    • Aug 2003

ops: Problem solved.. Looks like only certain channels get digital sound w/my service.. HBO gets digital but ESPN doesn't..

Anyone know if HD gets full time digital sound?

Anyhow look forward to becoming somewhat of a regular here as I've alot to learn.. 8)

Comment

• Danbry39
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2002

JDE,

Welcome to the forum!!! Do hope you post on this and other areas of HTGuide. Friendliest board around. :^x

See how quickly we fixed your problem! LOL. Well, hopefully, we really can help you with something in the future, although I'm real happy you found out what was going on right away.

How you liking your 1055?

Keith
      Keith

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"