X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vonlarsson
    • Jan 2005

1068 problem

Hi there!

I was just wondering if anyone has the same problem as I do...
    My 1068 is allways making a noise, not the electric kind of buz but more like a ssssss sound. I have tried to disconnect everything but the 1068 and my rb985. No luck. Changed to a carver amp. Still no change. The sound is in all the chanels, all the time.

The noise is so quiet that I can live with it but is it normal, schouldnĀ“t a pre-amp be dead silent?

/Anders
  • Bostonears
    • Mar 2004

My 1068 is dead quiet. It's possible, although not certain, that you have a defective unit. Does the sound change at all when you change the 1068 between analog and digital inputs (even if nothing is connected to the inputs)?

Comment

• vonlarsson
      • Jan 2005

Same thing when I switch between analog and digital. Same noise, samel level. The noise allways stays the same no matter what I do like changing volume or treble/bass levels...

Any idea?

Comment

• Bostonears
        • Mar 2004

Possibly noise in the AC mains power is the source, but assuming it's not, it sounds like a problem with the "amp" portion of the pre-amp circuitry. You should probably take it back to your Rotel dealer to compare it with another unit and to confirm whether the problem still happens in his shop.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Try moving it to another power outlet...or at your dealers and see if it continues.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"