X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmueller
    • Sep 2004

Is the integrated RA-02 enough?

I am thinking about getting the RA-02 for a bedroom system and wondering if it will do my Def. Tech. Mythos II justice. If anyone has any experience with this little guy I would appreciate some insight. I am not looking for bass thumping loundness (besides those speakers won't come even close to those frequencies); but rather I want clean sound. Any insight or recommendations for a bedroom system is greatly apprecaited.

Thanks,
    Tyler
  • tmueller
    • Sep 2004

Anyone???

Comment

• chrispy35
      • Feb 2004

I can only assume the RA-02 is better than the RA-931 I used to have and that was just fine for my bedroom. The 931 had 30 W (?), good damping factor and clean sound. I used it with a pair of bookshelf speakers (old JBL L20T's) and I was quite content with it until I decided I wanted a remote...I ended up trading it in on a used RC-972 and a new RB-1050.

Comment

• alkalay
        • Jun 2004

Hey chrispy35,

...and you thought, while thinking of a remote, why not go separates while I'm on it. :B

Comment

• tmueller
          • Sep 2004

Yeah, I hear you, except I cannot justify having three "seperates" systems throughout my house. Two is enough; I just need a nice little system for the bedroom. I already have a spair pair Def. Tech. Mythos II and thought that I could power them with the RA-02 or maybe a Linn Classik!? I want to use my IPod in the system and use some sort of alarm clock. Maybe the IPod will wake me or Linn's built in alarm clock.

Thanks for the suggestion so far.

Ty

Comment

• chrispy35
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by alkalay
            Hey chrispy35,

...and you thought, while thinking of a remote, why not go separates while I'm on it. :B
            Yep...my Rotel buddy had a demo RC-972 and I already had the RB-1050 as part of another experiment (trying external power amp with my receiver). I also wanted to try an EQ so separates worked better. It all worked out good although I have to say that Rotel makes some awful remotes.

Comment

• chrispy35
              • Feb 2004

Ty,

I'd go for the RA-02...it meets your needs and, like I said earlier, I wasn't upgrading from the 931 because of the sound.

Comment

• eelco74
                • Dec 2002

I once had its grand-dad the RB-840BX4. I drove rather large transmission line spreakers with it. First a 3 way system, later on a 4 way system. Altough it fell a bit short on power on the 4 way system, I still liked it a lot !

the RA-02 will drive any moderate sized speaker, and will amaze you with a nice deep soudnstage. My dealer has one and every time I hear it, I like it a lot. The def tech is rather efficient and easy to drive, so it will sing on the RA-02.

btw the RA-01 will sound the same, but has no remote. So i you dont care about the remote you can save some $$$
                Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
                Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
                Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"