X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Allegiance
    • Sep 2006

Need advice for bedroom system!

Hi Guys,

I am trying to design a simple bedroom system. Integrated amp, 2 speakers, 5 disc CD player.

Now because it's in the bedroom, my boss (fiance :W ) likes to go to sleep listening to music, so I would like an integrated amp that has a sleep timer, that somehow turns off the CD player as well.

Any Ideas? I have been struggling to find anything.

We currently use a 7 year old Philips all-in-one :lol:
  • Allegiance
    • Sep 2006

Oh I did have one idea for turning the CD player off and that was using 12V trigger but it is very difficult to find a 5 disc CD player that has a 12V trigger, and an integrated amp that has sleep timer and 12V trigger :M

Comment

• audioqueso
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

How much are you looking to spend? I don't know if this is something you might like, but I recently found a great little combination. Here is my post: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...non#post412852
      And it has a sleep timer ranging from 10 to 90 minutes. It does a great job.
      B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Allegiance
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by audioqueso
        How much are you looking to spend? I don't know if this is something you might like, but I recently found a great little combination. Here is my post: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...non#post412852
        And it has a sleep timer ranging from 10 to 90 minutes. It does a great job.
        Exactly what I wanted! :B Even the wife loves it :B Thanks!

Comment

• audioqueso
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

Do you have access to that model in Austrailia? If not, just let me know and I can help you obtain one.
          B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• greenhorn
            • Feb 2007

So I put in

32" Sharp Aquos LCD.
            Onkyo Reciever (forgot which model, but it's current about $300)
            Sony 5 tray CD - DVD player.
            Some older Polk Audio speakers I had.
            Also put a pair of Polk indoor-outdoor out side under the roof eaves.

If you want to fall asleep to music, just have a disc or two or whatever in the CD player and use the timer on the Reciever. Reciever will go off and CD will finish. CD player won't go off, but it will sit there quitely untill needed again or turned off.

If you can find an reciever with the plug recepticle in the back, plug the CD player into the reciever and when it goes off, so will the CD player. Some have 2 in the back, one that goes off and one that stays powered.

Comment

• Allegiance
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by greenhorn
              So I put in

32" Sharp Aquos LCD.
              Onkyo Reciever (forgot which model, but it's current about $300)
              Sony 5 tray CD - DVD player.
              Some older Polk Audio speakers I had.
              Also put a pair of Polk indoor-outdoor out side under the roof eaves.

If you want to fall asleep to music, just have a disc or two or whatever in the CD player and use the timer on the Reciever. Reciever will go off and CD will finish. CD player won't go off, but it will sit there quitely untill needed again or turned off.

If you can find an reciever with the plug recepticle in the back, plug the CD player into the reciever and when it goes off, so will the CD player. Some have 2 in the back, one that goes off and one that stays powered.
              Thanks for the advice.

What I ended up going with was a Harmon Kardon AVR-155 with B&W 601's (still waiting for a replacement tweeter to come in :M ) and a Denon DCM-280. The Denon is plugged into the AC-Outlet on the Harmon Kardon so that way when the Harmon Kardon is on, the denon is and when Harmon Kardon is off the Denon is :B

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"