X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jody
    • Jul 2003

What Do You Think Of This System???

I think I have finally come to a decision on the system I am going to purchase. Was wondering what your opinions of it are. Rotel RSP-1066, RMB-1075, B&W 601 speakers up front, B&W LCR 600 center, B&W 601's for the rear, and the B&W ASW 600 sub.

Thoughts?
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

I would say: go for it ! Nice choices. It needs a good crossover selection and all is nicely balanced.

Comment

• gd
      • Jan 2003

Sweeeet!

I'm not familiar with the B&W ASW600 -- and it may be perfectly fine -- but consider auditioning one of the subwoofers made by some of the dedicated sub manufacturers such as SVS, Hsu or Adire... you may likely find a deeper, more articulate sub that would be the crowning touch on this fine system.
      greg (gd to you)
      Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
      production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• Danbry39
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2002

Jody,

Nice to have you aboard at Club Rotel. ;b>'>

I'd call that setup very nice, indeed. I know it will be great with HT and, unless you're replacing something pretty fine, it will probably impress you with how well it does musically.

I heard the B&W 600 series HT about a month ago with my family. We were all pretty impressed.

But, and this is a big but, only your ears can judge for yourself. However, I'm pretty sure you've done your homework and auditioned the gear for yourself and compared it with other speakers and components in the same price range.

Again, though, I personally think you have a nice, well balanced selection there, where the components should compliment each other nicely.

GD has a good point though about the subs.

Keith
        Keith

Comment

• spiffnme
          • Apr 2003

I second the suggestion on the subs. For the money (or even more money) it's really hard to beat a Hsu sub.

One other suggestion (and you may have done this already) is to check out the "internet" speakers companies like Axiom and Ascend. They offer some amazing speakers at even more amazing prices. If you throw a post up on avs or axioms boards looking for a local owner that will demo for you, you can get to hear them without having to buy first.

Congrats on the new system, enjoy it!

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
          All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

• Danbry39
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Sep 2002

As usual, spiffnme offers a valuable tip, something that had crossed my mind as well.

Jody,

Despite this, the speakers you're already interested in have a fine reputation and might just be the right choice for you. Many just aren't comfortable buying gear that they aren't able to hear first, although most of the above companies have a 30 day trial period.

If your curiosity about online vendors has been piqued, do a lot of research on the internet to learn more about the characteristics of different brands before ordering.

Keith
            Keith

Comment

• spiffnme
              • Apr 2003

I can give you a pretty in depth description of the Axiom and Ascend sound if you are interested.

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
              All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

• Jody
                • Jul 2003

Thanks for the responses folks! I would be really curious to audition another type of sub than the ASW but unfortuneately in my area there is no way. I listened to it in the store and it sounded pretty impressive. It's a sub??? What can I say. I haven't had the opportunity to compare many of them in an a/b setting. All I can say is that for the money, it sounded good, was able to keep up with the beat, and paired with the 601's it really made them come alive!

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"