Need some of your estemed advice - B&W 300, 600 or 700 series?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyboy
    • Mar 2005

Need some of your estemed advice - B&W 300, 600 or 700 series?

Good Day,
    Need a favor from the forum. 1st time poster, Looooong time B&W admirer.

I have a smaller living room and and a fairly modest (ok, lets be honest, not a 801 budget :roll: )

I would like to decide on 1 of 3 options
    1) have 4 B&W 303's with the LCR-3 and the ASW-300?
    2) have 2 B&W 602's for the front, 2 B&W 601's for the rear, an LCR-60 for the center and ASW-600 for the sub?
    3) have 2 B&W 705's for the front and an HTM-7 for the center (and stop there)
    4) Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated - KEF has a similar model to the 705 I believe as well

I have just fallen for B&W and hope you all can give me a hand
  • Phil Rose
    • Aug 2000

I have a friend that has your Option 2. It sounds very nice. I suspect that this is the best of all the options that you've mentioned if you decided to purchase B&Ws.

Comment

• junior77blue
      • Nov 2004

Option 3 is a good 'short' term solution...I would think a sub and some rear speakers would be necessary to actually enjoy that.

If your looking short term....then option 2 is your best bet. If your looking to piecemeal your theater system over a longer duration of time, I wouldn't hesitate going to the 700 series. You could then add another set of 705s for rear and sub down the road.

Comment

• weijst
        • Jun 2004

Coming from the 600 series (602 S3 + LCR60 S3) I'd say option 3. Then again those 705's will have you wanting a sub in no time...
        Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• sugarmedia
          • Feb 2005

Option 4-
          • But used or demo's and make your money go even further. (and stop there)

Comment

• tommyboy
            • Mar 2005

Thanks for the thoughts

Sounds like, from comments like "if you choose B&W", that their may be a better option...KEF vs. B&W at the 2500 - 3500 us price range for a HT package...any thoughts

Comment

• junior77blue
              • Nov 2004

I think that's a fair statement....but it's really what sounds BEST to you. Just don't go in blind thinking that you HAVE to buy B&W. B&W definately have a distict 'neutral' sound...and some people would say most of their speakers sound 'thin' in the bass. They won't overpower you in any means but they will sound true and have very good detail in the mid/upper frequencies.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"