X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audiofan
    • May 2004

Adding Outlaw M-200 beside RB-1080?

Hi,
    I currently have denon avr-3805 and RB-1080 for two front channels. I'm thinking of adding an Outlaw M-200 (monoblock 200 wpc) for the center channel and reserve all power in receiver for the rear.

Would it be a problem in sonic match? I don't have room for 7.1 so adding 5 channel amp is not an option.

thanks.
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Hi,

The Outlaw amp is a nice amp but (IMO) not quite as transparent as the Rotels... That aside for HT you are not likely to notice given that there are usually greater differences anyway in the tonal characteristics of the Centre speaker and the Left and Right speakers... It will all come down to price though.. For example I looked at this and have just decided to get a second RB-1080 for my centre and bi-amp the centre (what the heck!) - not much more than a mono-block and a perfect visual and tonal match for the other RB-1080 I have!

Geoff

Comment

• audiofan
      • May 2004

How do you bi-amp the center? My center speaker has only one pair of binding post.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Audiofan if its only got one set of inputs you can't bi amp it. You could use the other channel to power a rear centre though in a 6.1 install.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"