X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David L.
    • Jul 2006

Question about adding an RB1080 to system

I currently have an RSP1068 and RMB1075. I will soon be adding an RB1080 to drive the front speakers instead of using the 1075 for this purpose.

My question is, will it harm the 1075 in any way by using it for the center and rear channels only and leaving the front channels disconnected? I know I can use it to drive two more speakers such as in a 7.1 set-up, but I'm not really interested in adding more speakers at this time.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

nope won't hurt it at all.

I'd hook up the rears to the front main terminals though... then use the caps (if you have them) to just seal off the two surround terminals on the amp.

Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• David L.
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by PewterTA
      nope won't hurt it at all.

I'd hook up the rears to the front main terminals though... then use the caps (if you have them) to just seal off the two surround terminals on the amp.

Thanks for the quick response PewterTa. I hope I don't sound too ignorant but is there a sonic benefit for using the front mains for the surrounds? Or is it just easier on the amp?

Not sure about caps either. Would that be the same type of cap you would put on an unused jack on a cable signal splitter? If so, I might have a couple of those lying around.

Comment

• Ferres
        • Jan 2007

You could also double up your center channel in case the more powerful fronts overwhelm them.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"