X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hitek57
    • Oct 2004

rb1080 or rb1075

Hi all,

I have an rsp1066 and plan to upgrade my power amps. My use is probably 50/50 for HT and music. While I find the HT sound is great, I feel something lacking when it comes to music in stereo.

I'm thinking of getting an rb1080 for the front speakers and using my old amps (B&K ST2002 and marantz m500 monoblocks) for the centre and rears. Someone suggested i should use the b&k to biamp my centre and keep the m500s for the rears.

Is the above the way to go or should I replace my amps outright with the rb1075? Am I right to presume that the 1080 would shade the 1075 in stereo sound quality?

I am also looking at getting the RCD1072. Other options include the roksan candy, arcam 73 and cambridge audio 640C. Would appreciate any feedback from 1072 users. better still if you have had experience too with my other options.

cheers,

tek
  • dermie999
    • Jul 2004

IMO the 1080 shades the 1075 in stereo sound quality. I run an RSP 1098 with an RMB1075 for centre and rears and an rb1080 for fronts and it sounds superb.

Trevor

Comment

• hitek57
      • Oct 2004

Thanks, Dermie. One other thot: If I use the rb1080 for mains and b&k for centre, will there be any potential problems in matching in terms of volume, etc?
      Last edited by hitek57; 11 October 2004, 02:12 Monday. Reason: left out word: problems

Comment

• Taito
        • Sep 2004

Hi Hitek, I auditioned a 1072 against an arcam 73. I wouldn't say that one is better than the other, just different. I prefered the 1072 and don't regret the purchase at all.
        -Ben

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

HiTek57,

If I use the rb1080 for mains and b&k for centre, will there be any potential problems in matching in terms of volume, etc?
          Bottom line no..
          If you connect the amps as normal to the Proeprocessors outputs and use a SPL meter to set the speaker levels to be the same based on test tones, this will adjust for any different amplifier gains in the same way as it does for different speaker efficiencies...

PS - I also agree with the RB-1080 for Stereo quality.... (I own one)... If HT is more your main focus I would get the 1075, of course you could (like several of us) get both and go 7.1

Geoff

Comment

• hitek57
            • Oct 2004

Thanks all for your advice.

Hv bought the rb1080 for the front speakers and, yes, on first listen it's an improvement. As geoff said, best combo would be to get the rmb1075 for rest of speakers and will consider this once cash flow improves.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"