X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sndtowne
    • Jan 2003

Just got my first RSP-1098 and RDV-1060

Well, guess what UPS just delivered? An RSP-1098 and a RDV-1060.

I just took them out of the box and have not had a chance to hook them up yet... But the 1098 looks pretty cool.

These products really do exist. Perhaps supply will start to loosen up and everyone on the board who has them on order will get them soon.

Bruce
    Bruce
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Bruce,

I'm sure this must be an exciting moment for you. I know how I felt yesterday. I still haven't had time to hook it up yet, but I can't wait to begin my tweaking journey.

Have fun and keep us posted,

Azeke

Comment

• SaNdOkAn
      • Jul 2002

We want pics...especially 1 of the screen of the 1098 while setting this baby up!!

Thanx in advance!!

Sando

Comment

• Danbry39
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2002

This really is exciting. Congratulations, you hit the audio/video jackpot today!!!

Keith
        Keith

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

where's the pics!

Comment

• jpossum
            • Jan 2003

RDV 1060 CD sound is great. Much better than my 2 year old DVD. Don't have any DVD-A disks so I won't be able to give an opinion. I would assume it sounds great.

I did notice something interesting. Maybe I'm dreaming, but when I put the signal through the 1066 processor and choose the 4 different music modes, there is a big difference between the 4. Much bigger difference than before. Does this sound possible?

The progressive scan looks great. I haven't had a chance to look at Toy Story to see if the Chroma bug is there.

The remote is "minimal". Pretty basic. I have let the 1066 remote "learn" the commands but this has been a somewhat frustrating process. For example, to go backwards in a DVD, the 1066 remote doesn't send the signal quick enough to the machine, so I have to get the cheap little 1060 remote to go backwards. Can anyone suggest a good universal remote?

Listening to CD in DPL II and Neo 6 is a much different experience. Again, it must be the quality of signal going into the processor because these 2 modes sound quite good compared to my old DVD player.

Comment

• micke
              • May 2003

How much did you pay for the RSP 1098?

Comment

• Danbry39
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Sep 2002

jpossum,

I heard the 1060 does a fantastic job with DVD-A. So, I can't wait to hear either of you review how it does in this regard.

Keith
                Keith

Comment

• sndtowne
                  • Jan 2003

How much did you pay for the RSP 1098?

As most of you on the board know, I am a Rotel dealer. The first units I got in were already spoken for and are being installed today. So I won't have much of a chance to do an in depth evaluation until I get more in. I made the post just to let the community know that "some" product is beginning to ship. Nevertheless, it is an exciting day. I have been looking forward to these products for many months and am glad to know they are beginning to ship.

Rotel has a strict policy about no mail order (which I respect) and recommend everyone purchase from a good local dealer.

Bruce
                  Bruce

Comment

• Mark_C.
                    • Jan 2003

Did you get silver or black?

Also, I saw the 1060 yesterday at my local Rotel dealer. I didn't get a chance to see how it performed, but I was very disappointed that the tray is made of flimsy plastic. You'd expect more from a $900 DVD player.

Comment

• Azeke
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2003

Okay Andrew, I can provide some pictures. Do you have a place where I can post them for public access or some other alternatives (don't ask why :nonod: ).

Azeke

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

sure email them to me and I'll host them for you.

Comment

• Azeke
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Mar 2003

Very well, I will e-mail them to you sometime this weekend.

Thanks,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"