X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sirbogey
    • Mar 2006

weak sub on the RSP-1098

Setup since yesterday: RSP-1098, RMB-1075, and RDV-1060 with catcables (just received, they are awesome); 2 fronts, 2 rears, 1 center, 1 sub (all speakers are Piega). I installed the most recent upgrade on the 1098 as well and then set to default settings.

Cables are definitely connected properly; RDV1060 to RSP1098 with component and for sound digital coax. Speaker cables are ok and cables between 1075 and 1098 no problem at all.

This was previously running with my RSX-1055 without any problems. Sub was normal.

Problem: Volume at all speakers is normal; but the bass in the sub is very very weak. I tried a CD and a DVD, no bypassing, no biwiring.

What settings am I missing? Where should I start?

I also noticed that when I turn off the RSP1098 (connected to RMB-1075 through trigger cable), the RMB1075 has the 5 red speaker lights in front, light up for 2 secs, and then they start to dim out and the amp goes to sleep mode. Is this normal?
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by sirbogey
    I also noticed that when I turn off the RSP1098 (connected to RMB-1075 through trigger cable), the RMB1075 has the 5 red speaker lights in front, light up for 2 secs, and then they start to dim out and the amp goes to sleep mode. Is this normal?
    I can answer this part...yes, this is normal!
    Brad

Comment

• Clepto
      • Feb 2006

A lot of defaults set the speakers to 'Large'... Verify they're small, and check the crossovers, as I believe front, center, and surrounds can all be set at different frequencies.

Comment

• sirbogey
        • Mar 2006

I think I figured it out. I adjusted the levels in the test speakers and everything seems to be fine now. :T

what would be the normal settings for crossovers? I think I'll have to read deeper into crossover settings, unless somebody wants to elaborate little bit...
        Last edited by sirbogey; 06 September 2006, 17:25 Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"