X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cushie
    • Dec 2004

RX-1050 Display Problems

Hi all. I've been lurking for a while, thanks for the help on past posts. Until today I've been very happy with my Rotel/Totem system. Until today...

I'm seeing a weird problem on the LED display of the RX-1050. Basically, as I switch inputs (or REC source, or Zone source), the appropriate name is displayed on the LED matrix display (ie: "CD" or "Video 1" or whatever) for a second. But after a couple of seconds, the display switches to some bizarre characters and stays like that. For example, "CD" switches to "0(||". Phono and Tape are also messed up. Videos are OK, and Tuner just shows the frequency as usual. System still sounds as it always has for the past couple of years.

Has anyone seen this before ? I have an RS-232 port... can I re-burn a flash chip or anything ?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
    Rob.
  • GosonFletchy
    • May 2004

You can reset the unit with a front panel combination. You simply need to power off the unit and press and hold the SPEAKER B, TUNE/PRESET, and MONO front panel buttons simultaneously. While holding these 3 buttons in you simply power the unit on. If the reset worked as it should, the front panel display should show the Tuner input at FM frequency 87.5.

G.

:assimilate:

Comment

• Cushie
      • Dec 2004

Yep, that's got it, all text back to normal. Thanks GF !

Comment

• Scherr
        • Dec 2003

Does this reset procedure work for the 1056 as well?

Thanks.

Scott

Comment

• Buster
          • Apr 2009

display issues after resetting

Hi,
          I have the same problem, plus a few other quirks. The most common quirk is my treble control will from time to time not work, and will display gibberish. Resetting fixes it, but it comes back. Sometimes the receiver spookily resets itself.

Is there anything that can be done with this short of taking it in for servicing? I suppose i could spray it with circuit cleaner, but that's always a desperation move.

Buster

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"