X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeeBop
    • Oct 2003

RX1050 Remote

Well I suppose this must be yesterday's news to this forum but I am hoping that someone can help me out here...

I have a Rotel RX1050 receiver which I like a lot - smooth, responsive and accurate.

However, a RR939 remote came with it which does not allow me to set things like speaker A/B, treble, and bass. Yes I know tone controls are anathema to the true audiophile but they are quite useful for those early jazz CDs where high treble is way too bright and bass is almost inaudible.

Is there another remote out there that can handle everything that the RX1050 does?

Many thanks.
  • happydad
    • Jun 2003

After pressing AUD, press the "Shift" button under the bottom cover.
    You can than add or subtract bass and treble. Only thing is, it stays on that setting until you change it back, even if you change audio source.

Comment

• BeeBop
      • Oct 2003

Thanks happydad. I press AUD, then SHIFT, then what? Which buttons increase/decrease bass, and which increase/decrease treble? There doesn't seem to be anything in the manual.

Comment

• happydad
        • Jun 2003

When you hit the Shift button, Treble will appear on the display of the 1055 (NOT the remote). Make your adjustment using the UP/DOWN buttons of the remote, or hit Shift again and "Bass" will appear on the same display. Adjust the same way.

BTW, these instructions are in the Owner's Manual for 1055 (Page 14), but not the manual for the remote. :roll:

Comment

• BeeBop
          • Oct 2003

Actually I have an RX1050 STEREO Receiver, not a 1055. Nothing shows up in the receiver's display when I hit the keys you mention.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"