X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hal
    • Jul 2003

Rotel RSP 965 comments?

I'm primarily interested in stereo & multichannel SACD/DVD-A playback (via a Denon DVD-2900) and only minimally interested in optimal video playback for movies. Is a used RSP 965 worth considering (approx $400 in good condition)? How does the preamp section sound compared to the modern 10-series units (like the RC1070, RSX-1055/1065 receivers, or 1066 pre-processor?

Since I'm not picky about perfect movie sound playback I wouldn't necessarily miss the latest greatest ProLogic II formats from the newer units. I am concerned, however, that the older RSP 965 might not offer optimal stereo & 5.1 performance. Your comments would be most appreciated.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I don't recall if that model has a true analong bypass in the 5.1 inputs...it likely does in which case it should work fine for DVD-A and SACD. One thing to check out on that model is how well it handles DTS. I believe that's the model I once tried and it had a problem playing DTS signals...I think they fixed that shortly after I returned mine though so it could very well be a non issue.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"