X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlvaroD
    • Oct 2002

Auto EQ for Rsp-1068/Rsp-1098 ?

According to stereojeff in avsforum, an auto EQ upgrade is planned for the Sherwood 965/865 series.

Interesting thing is that the code is not done by Sherwood but by Cirrus Logic, the chips maker of CS49400 found inside Sherwood 965/865 but also in Rotel's 1068 and 1098.

Chances are the code will also work on Rotel models unless they have less onboard memory than sherwood's which seems unlikely.

For those in contact with Rotel officials, any chances of such an upgrade for Rotels ?

That would be awesome.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Good find :T

Looks like Geoff will have to add that to the list, (if it isn't already there) and maybe Andrew can find out from Rotel if they have any plans for it and if it's even possible?

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Let me see what I can find out.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Aud19,

It's already in the Wish List 4.0 under Hardware Upgrades - becuase of the need for a Microphone Input...

Auto Calibrate Feature
        Rating: Desirable. Applicability: RSP-1098

Feature: Option of having the system use a microphone to automatically calibrate the speakers and settings for the room. Linked to the proposed parametric equalization feature to provide precise tonal matching.

Benefit: Simplified set-up and precise tonal matching for the room and listening position.

Competitive Perspective: In the Lexicon and Parasound processors.
        Implementation: Would require a hardware board with a microphone input and a special microphone.
        Geoff

Comment

• AlvaroD
          • Oct 2002

Sherwood's dont have a mic input either. The software will work from a line input. You'll just have to plug a good (linear) mic and a mic preamp to this line input.

An electret mic and any professionnal grade mic preamp will do, since those are quite linear, frequency wise.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
            Super Senior Member
            • Oct 2003

AlvroD,

Thanks - what would the Mic and professional grade pre-amplifier cost?

Are there some brands you can think of?

Once I have this I can incorporate in V5.0 of the wish-list...

Geoff

Comment

• AlvaroD
              • Oct 2002

For example, Behringer make a very good mic, it's also used with own series of EQ. The ECM8000 is perfect :

MSRP price is $60

They also have some mic preamp like the Ultavoice VX2000 :

MSRP price is $160

It's a bit too much for our needs here, something more simple and cheaper like the M-Audio Buddy should do :

Around $90

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

I was just going to post: perhaps it's possible to use one of the RCA line inputs?...then I kept reading :lol:

Jason
                Jason

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"