X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jamie
    • Jan 2003

RSX 972,965 prices and upgrades.

I was just at a dealer and he reminded me of my old RSX 965. I had it and there was a distinctive hum being generated somewhere and it sounded like a grounding issue but I couldn't get around it. Finally after much complaining my Rotel store took it in to be fixed and the tech guy said it was definitely there and he had no fix for it and thought it was a design flaw. I ended up talking to the regional rep and I told him I did not want another RSX 965 because it would have the same problem and I asked him about the 972 and he said I would have to pay the difference. So thinking they had me over a barrel, I paid up $400.

So after much dreaming of the RSP 1066, I went to another local dealer... here is my email to Rotel 8O .

Hello,

I was at a Rotel dealer here in Vancouver, BC, Canada asking about upgrade options from my RSX 972.This wasn't the same dealer I had bought my RSX 972 from and I was inquiring to find out how much it was worth if I were to traded it in. The salesman asked how much I paid for it, and I told him I paid $1699. I originally had the RSX 965 which was defective(a distinctive loud hum came from the unit that could not be fixed) and I was charged $400 to upgrade to the RSX 972($1299 + $400). The salesman told me he understood that I should not have been charged anything to switch from the RSX 965 to the RSX 972 as many people had been given a straight up exchange.

Was I charged $400 unnecessarily?

Jeremy helped me at the time, and I was given the impression that if I didn't upgrade to the RSX 972, I would be given another RSX 965 which I thought would have or develop the same problem.

Clarification would be appreciated.

Jamie Hillier

Has anyone out there had similar experiences :?:
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"