X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • weijst
    • Jun 2004

RDV-1050 not the way to go?

Hi all,

I'm currently considering selling my M*r*ntz DV6400 in order to get a Rotel DVD player to match the rest of my gear, thus the 1050 (or 1060). However, a phonecall to Rotel resulted in the following comment:
    "Not only is the step from a DV6400 to a 1050 not worth it, the 1050 is as good as your average B-brand dvd-player." (This comming from a guy working at Rotel, thus - hopefully - trying to sell 'his' product...)

Now should I decide to give up the abillity to playback SACD, at least I'd like the audio and video part to be superior compared to my current situation.

Could anyone comment on the 1050's performance or maybe compare it with their previously owned players? If the 1060 really is far superior compared to the 1050 and if the only smart decission would be to get the 1060, price technically I'd rather hold on till Rotel starts shipping their the universal players next year...

The 1050 doesn't have analog stereo outputs, only 5.1 analog outputs for DVD-A. Is this a problem? I mean is there a difference between the stereo signal comming from stereo analog outputs and stereo signals comming from 2 of the 5.1 analog outputs?

Thank you.
    Last edited by weijst; 09 December 2004, 04:56 Thursday.
    Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R
  • Raezzy
    • Jul 2004

Gday Weijst

Have a look at my post and the links in the thread below.
    This may answer some of youe questions

Comment

• junior77blue
      • Nov 2004

the stereo outputs are the same as the 5.1 channel. They're one in the same...however, the player needs to be set up to use one or other.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"