X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike Hayes
    • Mar 2003

New Equipment Break-in

I recently purchased a 1066/1075 combo. Does anyone have recommendations for new eq break-in? Also, how long is the break-in for Rotel eq? Currently, I am leaving the 1066/1075 powered up 24/7. Beyond this, I am not sure if I should be doing anything.
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

Just use the system as you normally would use it. It will break in gradually in time then. Sure, maybe it might not be what u listened to in the store at first, but give it some hours.

I think its a waste of energy to just leave it on constantly and playing while your away just to break it in.

Comment

• Aeromos
      • Jun 2003

What is there a normal break-in time period for the Rotel's. I'm assuming this is the same for other equipment brands. I've read somewhere in this forum that after a week or so of regular use enjoying this same combo, the sound became warmer.

Aeromos
      Enjoy life, it's too short to waste!!
      My Collection
      Aeromos
      Enjoy life, it's too short to waste!!
      My Collection

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Part of this could just be getting used to it, though certainly there's internal wiring that can sound better with conditioning. I'd suggest after leaving on a full day, just run it when you watch it, and it should be as conditioned as it's going to get in about 7 days of use.

Of course, if your cables changed, those can take a while to break in fully as well.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"