• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderstorm77
    • Jul 2007

Changing voltage on Rotel equipment - RMB-1075 and RSP-1098

Hi

What a great forum!

I'm looking to purchase the RMB-1075 and RSP-1098 in the US and bring it back to Europe. I will then need to change the input voltage from 115V to 230V. I understand this is fairly easy on the Rotels - should be just to change some wires under the hood.

Has anyone had any luck doing this? I have heard of people doing this on other Rotel equipment.
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Hi,

You generally need to get a Rotel service centre to do this as it involves selecting a different tapping on the transformer etc... A quick poroceedure but not one to try yourself.... This is a common change as manyh bring US units into Europe...

Regards

Geoff

Comment

• thunderstorm77
      • Jul 2007

The problem is that there is no Rotel service center where I live (Norway).

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

The 1098 should only require moving jumpers and changing fuses, but the 1075 is more complicated and involves cutting wires, splicing wires, and changing fuses.

You can contact Rotel Europe and see if there's a non-Rotel service center in Norway they would recommend, or have Rotel US convert it before you take it back with you.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"