X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sweetsoulsounds
    • Apr 2003

Rotel has fixed Bass Management ???

First off I would like to give a big Thank You to all Club Rotel members.

You have been a awesome resource!

I finally pulled the trigger on a new silver 1066. My dealer is letting me use their demo unit until a new one arrives.

I made a call to Rotel to see if they can perform the resistor cut/bass management fix on my unit before it gets shipped to the dealer. The Rotel Rep said that the latest Version 3 production run of the 1066 do not have the bass management problems.

Can any of you oput there confirm this?

Thanks!
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

This is new to me but let me look into it.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

The Rotel Rep said that the latest Version 3 production run of the 1066 do not have the bass management problems.
      I've been talking to the VP about this issue and he has no idea what your Rotel Rep is smoking but there is no version 3 and the bass mangement is the same as its always been..other then they're obviously using the latest firmware. The only thing he can think of is that their might be a #3 on the box somewhere that just indicates which remote it comes with.

Comment

• Bill Blank
        • Sep 2002

Woah! Andrew, are you telling is newer 1066's come with a different remote?

Bill

Rotel RSP-1066
        Rotel RMB-1075
        Rega Planet 2000
        Denon DVD-2900
        Mitsubishi WS-55411
        Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v3
        Paradigm Reference Studio CC-470 v3
        Paradigm Reference Studio 20 v3
        Velodyne CT-120

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

All the 1055's and 1066's now ship with the newer remote that came out a few months ago...though since I use a pronto I've never even used the OEM remote :LOL:

Comment

• Bill Blank
            • Sep 2002

Any links to pictures of it?

Rotel RSP-1066
            Rotel RMB-1075
            Rega Planet 2000
            Denon DVD-2900
            Mitsubishi WS-55411
            Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v3
            Paradigm Reference Studio CC-470 v3
            Paradigm Reference Studio 20 v3
            Velodyne CT-120

Comment

• sweetsoulsounds
              • Apr 2003

Andrew,

Unfortunately , I am not surprised by what you found. It seems to be had to get a straight answer from the manufacturer.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Unfortunately , I am not surprised by what you found. It seems to be had to get a straight answer from the manufacturer.
                I wouldn't agree with that at all...it does sound like your dealer or rep isn't very knowledgeable though. Personally I've found Rotel to be extremely easy to work with...I mean I usually get replies from the VP within a day or two! How many other companies VP's make themselves available to their customers? In future you might consider emailing their tech guys or look here for the right answer

Comment

• Scarp
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Bill Blank
                  Woah! Andrew, are you telling is newer 1066's come with a different remote?

Bill
                  They ship with the RR1050, I got that also a few months ago.

Comment

• skipm
                    • Jun 2003

You can see a picture of the new remote at the bottom of this page:

AV-ресивер с поддержкой 7.1-звука на уровне декодеров и высококачественным пятиканальным усилителем мощности В этой статье речь пойдёт о новом AV-ресивере компании Rotel, хорошо известной в кругах ценителей качественной звуковой техники. AV-ресивер RSX-1055 является младшей моделью в состоящей из двух аппаратов новой линейке ресиверов этого производителя. Однако Rotel никогда не делал «бюджетн...

-Skip

Comment

• ejfiii
                      • May 2003

I was at the dealer yesterday, and noticed he had the older 969 (i think) remote and it had a time function in the LCD display. I wonder why they took that out of the 1050 remote?

E. J.

My HT
                      My HT

Comment

• jprzybylski
                        • Feb 2003

I spoke with a Rotel rep a few days ago asking about new firmware, and he told me that "he is not aware of anything past version 2.5 in the near future."

Sounds to me like version 2.5 is all we're ever going to get. But I'm just speculating.

I've had some problems with my 1066 from day one that no one at Rotel has fixed/confronted. It's taken dozens of emails and phonecalls from me to even get a response. And still no resolution.

Comment

• Scarp
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ejfiii
                          I was at the dealer yesterday, and noticed he had the older 969 (i think) remote and it had a time function in the LCD display. I wonder why they took that out of the 1050 remote?

E. J.
                          Who looks at their remote for the time? Not me. Probably by removing that it frees up space for more possibilities in the remote.

One thing I do notice, is that it never turns off ... the text is always in the display. However its been runnig for 4 months now on the same batteries, so it should be okay.

Comment

• n3philim
                            • Feb 2004

Hi there, I've been a lurker for some time now, and I'm still confused with the BM issue on the 1066. I actually switched from a Sony TA-E9000ES to a RSP 1066 in hopes of getting a better pass thru for my CD. You see the Sony still converts the cd's 2ch analog signal.

First thing, when I go to CD of the 1066, the LFE on the screen is still there. My settings for the sub are =YES, and I do use Large fronts. However, I do still hear a signal coming out of my subs. I honestly prefer my 2 channel music without the sub. Now I just switch off the sub when I listen to two channel. My version is the latest 2.2.6 I think. How do you get rid of the sub signal?

Another thing, when using 2ch in the analog realm, is this a pure by pass? Or does the 1066 still fiddle around with the signal? The reason I'm asking is I want to get a good cd player with a good DAC. But if the 1066 still does convert the analog signals of the cdp, then it's useless buying a new cdp.

Your thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Comment

• Scarp
                              • Mar 2003

analogue inputs are bypass, however it will always (when subwoofer = yes and regardless of front speaker settings) digitize to make a subwoofer channel out of it. But the signal you get on your fronts is the full signal as a bypass and the subwoofer channel is a digitized mono subwoofer channel.

Just turn of your subwoofer in that case.

Comment

• n3philim
                                • Feb 2004

Thanks for that Scarp.

Finally, peace of mind. Now I need a new cdp. More power to Club Rotel and its members!

Keith

Comment

• will1066
                                  • Aug 2003

Leave the Sub = Yes. In the Sub Level section of the menu, click down to Stereo and lower the setting until it becomes "Stereo: Off". Then, you won't have to switch on and off the sub everytime you listen to 2 channel. Keep in mind that the LFE will still appear on the screen but your subwoofer will be silent.

Comment

• Scarp
                                    • Mar 2003

If you do not use the multichannel input for anything else, then you can also use that for your cd player. This offers analogue bypass with only volume control (and no tone control or bassmanagement at all).

There there is no need for all this trouble

Comment

• n3philim
                                      • Feb 2004

Many thanks guys.

will1066, I'll try that out ... that way I don't have to alter the macros in my Pronto remote for setting up my cd listenening.

Scarp, wasn't there a problem as well on the multi channel bass management? I take it Rotel has fixed it already?

Comment

• n3philim
                                        • Feb 2004

Scarp, please disregard my previous question. I caught it in the "FAQ." Ultimately, I'll need to do the "resistor cut" remedy. But at this point, I won't be using the analogue 5.1 input anytime soon so I can do without snipping the resistors. I guess I'm just old fashioned and still prefer 2 channel audio.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
                                        Searching...Please wait.
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                        Search Result for "|||"