X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brettdb11
    • Nov 2004

1075 Recommendations for Power On/Off

I joined this forum recently and just wanted to thank everyone for the great advice and info!!!!

1. I own a Rotel 1075 amp and want to know what your procedure is for turning your amps on and off.
    Do you leave your amps on all the time?
    Turn them off after each use?
    What are the pros and cons of each???

Thanks Brett
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

I don't own a Rotel amp yet, but this should be the same for all amps I believe...
    Pros of turning it on when using and off when not...the obvious would be saving some money on your monthly electric bills. I know most amps when in idle don't run up alot of power, but it is using some power. The advantages would be not having to go to the amp itself every time you use and press the on. There's damage to all electronics for turning it on and off all the time everyday. Some of the experts here can tell you exactly what it is, but I think it has to do with the component getting surges of power when you turn it on and over long periods of time it can damage the unit.
    I heard on this forum through other posts that some Rotel amps has a 12v trigger that can be used with your receiver or pre-amp that sends a signal from the processor to turn it on every time you turn on the processor.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Brett,

The RMB-1075 can be:

1) Left on all the time - it is very quiet and cold running and many feel that there is less stress on the electronics just running all the time... (I do that)

2) Driven by a 12 v trigger from any Rotel Reciver or Processor and turned on and off with that (you leave the power button on the front on and activate the trigger switch on the back. I used to do this but found I had to turn off the trigger for m yRB-1080 so I thought why not leave it off for both - since my RB-1080 uses more power at idle than the 1075 anyway!

3) Turned on and off manually using the switch on the front (for those that like to be sure!).

Geoff

Comment

• ILuvDefTech
        • Nov 2004

I have my 1095 plugged into my monster hts5100 on a delayed switch setting. The 12v trigger runs from my 1068 to the monster so each time I turn on the 1068 the monster powers up then the amp after a brief delay. I don't see any point in keeping the amp on all the time, but that's just me.

Comment

• H.Donald
          • Aug 2004

same as above...1095 & 1070 into monster 5100...12v to 1068

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Both my Rotel amps are triggered to power up and off with the pre amp. When I didn't have an amp trigger on my amps I just left them on.

Comment

• dermie999
              • Jul 2004

I am the same as Andrew. Both my 1075 and 1080 amps power up and off with the 12V trigger from my preamp and, touch wood, I have had no problems using this arrangement.

Trevor

Comment

• Brettdb11
                • Nov 2004

Thanks everyone for the input!!!

I am going to trigger it through my 1066 because that seems like a better option for me.
                Thanks Brett

Comment

• dedepas8
                  • Aug 2004

With the amps either way it doesn't matter, it your personal choices. But with the processor like 1098 they tends to be subject to spikes more easy, it locks up quite often if you switch them on/off. it happens to me quite often. so leave them on all the time but my wife turn them off all the time.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"