X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jalyra
    • Jan 2009

HELP, my RMB-1075 is dead 8-(

A few days ago the power at my home just went off, back on in a few seconds, then off and on like three or four more times in just a couple of minutes. After that my RMB-1075 became short circuited I had to turn the power from the amp off since I had it activated by the 12V trigger because after the power stabilized at my home the power amp was turning on an off intermittently.

I had a technician take a look at my amp and it seems the main problem is the toroidal transformer and it has to be replaced, my question is how can I buy a new one? Do you know where can I order one? it would have to be shipped to Guadalajara, Mexico since that's where I live.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Poor you....sooooo...sad!!. Very unfortunate to say the least!. Did you have it hooked up to a spike protector?. Anytime a storm or some kind of electrical disruption happens, I immediately throw the main power switch off on the back of my Rotel and disconnect the power cord.

I would contact Rotel directly about getting a new transformer if the technician you have can install it for you. If not, you can always send it back to Rotel and have them repair it.
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• jalyra
      • Jan 2009

I actually had it hook up to the RLC-1040. It was strange because the fuse didn't blow up, and the protection circuit was somehow bypassed. I'm definitely going to contact Rotel.

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

I sent you a PM on who to contact.

-Dan
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• jalyra
          • Jan 2009

Thanks a lot Dan!!!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"