X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike Hayes
    • Mar 2003

OSD to Front Panel Display

Is there a way to view the setup menus on the front panel display of the 1066 rather than using the OSD? I have the S&V calibration DVD but I'm using component cables and so, I can't use the OSD with the DVD.

I have already used the 1066 test tones in conjunction with an SPL meter but want to be able to double check with the separate disc.
  • Mike Hayes
    • Mar 2003

Even better yet - is there a way to view the OSD speaker levels on the RR1050?

Comment

• Mike Hayes
      • Mar 2003

One last question - is it a good idea to set the DD and DTS levels to the max setting prior to calibration and then adjust sub level via the sub gain or sublevel on the 1066?

Comment

• Rock Dog
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2003

I don;t think it's possible to view the OSD settings onthe 1066's display, or on the 1050 remote's display either.

As you are most likely aware of. The OSD will not work over component video. What I have done is to use a S-video cable, to a seperate input on my TV. Given the fact that my Grand Wega has 7 inputs, has made this an easy solution for me.

When I want to use the OSD, I run PIP or a split screen as it were. Leave the source up on one side, and switch the second picture source to the input the OSD is connected to. It works out very nicely.

Actually, with the Pronto I have a macro so that I just hit a button called OSD. It switches to split screen, then switches to the OSD input, then launches the OSD, and brings up the OSD controls (from the 1066) on my Pronto scrren. It's quite handy to say the least.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• gshisme
          • May 2003

Just run a composite or S-video from your processor or receiver (monitor out) to a TV video input. Switch your TV to that video input and press the OSB button. You will then be able to view the OSB menu. Make sure you have a signal from whatever component signal you wish to calibrate on.

suds, suds, and more suds
          suds, suds, and more suds

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"