X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark_C.
    • Jan 2003

DVD-A and 1066

I just picked up a Denon DVD-2900 and am experimenting with DVD-Audio for the first time. Since I'm not interested in anything but two-channel playback, must I still connect the 2900 stereo analog outs to my Rotel 1066's multi input, or will regular analog inputs for CD suffice?

thanks in advance
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

DVD-A is 5 channel only. SACD is the one that comes in 2ch or 5ch or both. So to 'experiment' with DVD-A, you really need the 6 RCA cables going to the multi-channel input.

Kevin D.

Comment

• miket
      • Oct 2004

DVD-A can also be listened in 2-ch. Always you can do a 'downmix' from 5.1ch to 2ch if the only version on the disk is 5.1 however many DVD-A disks have a 2-ch mix as well, with max sampling freq at 192kHz (unlike 96kHz for 5.1ch) and 24bit. This information should be available on the 'inlay card' with the DVD-A disk.

MikeT

Comment

• Mark_C.
        • Jan 2003

Let's take it a step further. If I want a 192kHz two-channel downmix, is it necessary to connect the player via the multi input on the 1066, or can I simply run it to my stereo CD input?
        thanks again

Comment

• MattCXII
          • Feb 2004

I am no expert in multichannel music but just using logic would tell me that you would only need to connect the two fronts via RCA in order to recieve the two channel portion of a DVD-A/SACD disk.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

• miket
            • Oct 2004

You can connect the two RCA signals [from front outs or seperate 2-ch audio outs on the DVD player/SACD player etc] to any analog 2-ch input [except phono of course] on your amplifier/processor/receiver etc. Once you program your DVD-A player/SACD player to output 2-ch and not 5.1ch there should be no problems.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"