X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John H
    • Jun 2002

RDC-7 questions

I am special ordering a RDC-7 site unseen, I only have one Intergra Research authorized dealer in my state and it is not in stock.

Are the variable crossover points selectable when THX post processing is engaged? Or does it defalt to 80Hz when THX processing is on?

I ask because my last 2 pieces allowed crossover point selection other than 80Hz with THX processing engaged.

How hot does the unit run and what is the recommend top clearence?

Also can someone point me to a color picture of the piece? I only can locate B&W images.

Thanks,
    John

The Bedroom
    The Bedroom
  • ton1313
    • Mar 2002

http://www.integraresearch.com This has some color brochures for your picture request.

Comment

• Burke Strickland
      • Sep 2001

John -

Congratulations on selecting the Integra Research RDC-7 as the heart of your HT. Although you are taking a great "leap of faith" ordering it sight unseen (and to truly appreciate how good it is, of course, requires actually using it) :>) I am confident you will not be disappointed. While it faces a lot of interesting competitors in the market place, I still think it is "the one to get" at a reasonable price for its exceptional performance on both two channel music (needless to say, to maximize this requires a really good power amp and high quality speakers) and on HT, for which it is equipped with virtually all the latest bells and whistles and implements all of them quite well.

Are the variable crossover points selectable when THX post processing is engaged? Or does it defalt to 80Hz when THX processing is on?
      I have seen posts various places which assert that the crossover reverts to 80hz when THX is selected and yet there is NO mention of this in the user instructions (owner manual update for the upgrade which includes the variable crossover feature). I am guessing that, maybe because the manual has "THX" in parentheses after each mention of 80hz, people jump to the conclusion that it is forced. Short of an official pronouncement from Integra Research about it being forced, it could very well just be a reference reminding us that the THX "standard" crossover is 80hz. Also, if you select a different crossover and then select THX processing, the different setting is still in place if you then check the crossover parameter.

How hot does the unit run and what is the recommend top clearence?
      The RDC-7 does run "warm" but not extremely so -- it is NOT uncomfortable to the touch even after being on over 24 hours or during heavy use. I guess the "recommended" top clearance would be "enough to prevent heat build up". :>) My rack allows 3 and 1/2 inches clearance. It is also an open design, not an enclosed cabinet. I have never observed any symptoms of "heat stress".

The manual says there is an internal fan that will kick in if the heat level gets too high. I have never heard the fan, and in fact, can't locate it from outside the unit. Other units in the Onkyo and Integra lines that use basically the same cabinet have a fan outlet where the RDC-7 has the balanced outputs on the back panel.

Another member has pointed to some color pictures... you have probably already figured out that you have to select the RDC-7 from the menu (twice) to get to the pictures -- or select the Product Catalog, which also has a nice back panel shot. The front panel shot may look sort of B&W since it isn't a bright color (although the information panel and input selector LEDs show up unmistakably in blue, while the interior shot shows the green circuit boards)... hope that comes close to what you were looking for.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Michael Mohrmann
        • Feb 2003

Is this the same "John H" who just tried out the B&K Ref 50 a couple of weeks ago?

We discuss and review all genre of movies, all types of home theater hardware, and maintain one of the longest running active forums on the web!

Or who now has the Parasound Halo C2 in his system?

We discuss and review all genre of movies, all types of home theater hardware, and maintain one of the longest running active forums on the web!

If so, I was just curious if you ever received the RDC-7 and had it in your system for comparison purposes?

Michael

Comment

• wbk
          • Feb 2002

I also ordered by RDC-7 and RDA-7 site unseen and don't regret it at all. In fact I echo all of Burk's comments. One terrific unit!. I have about 1 " clearance in my cabinet above the unit and it does not run hot at all.

Comment

• John H
            • Jun 2002

Is this the same "John H" who just tried out the B&K Ref 50 a couple of weeks ago?
            Michael,

Sorry for the late reply. I hadn't visted this forum for awhile and was not e-mail prompted anyone replied.

I cancelled my order for the Integra piece at the last minute and ordered the Parasound C2. I never had it in my system for evaluation.

John

The Bedroom
            The Bedroom

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"