X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbart
    • Jan 2003

RSP-1066 80Hz crossover slope?

I have THX speakers that are designed to have a 2nd order roll off called for by a THX certified bass management crossover.

A THX certified crossover is one that has a 4th order low pass filter on the sub with a corner frequency of 80hz and a 2nd order high pass filter on the mains with a corner frequency of 80hz. Combine the 2nd order roll off of the mains with the 2nd order high pass filter and you get a 4th order filter that matches the 4th order low pass on the sub.

My question is this:

Does the RSP-1066 use this type of crossover slope, even though its not a THX certified piece?

Dave
  • sndtowne
    • Jan 2003

Dave,

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe I read that the RSP-1066 has a 24dB per octave crossover slope for the sub output. This would be 4th. order. I am not positive what the slope is for the main speakers, but I thinks its 12dB per octave which would be 2nd. order.

Bruce
    Bruce

Comment

• AlvaroD
      • Oct 2002

According to the CS49326 application note (this is the chip doing all the work in the 1066), it does have a 4th order low-pass filter combined with a 2nd order high pass filter :

It's on page 45.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"