X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

M&K 750 THX Select L/C/R

I have lived with these L/C/R (I have Fosgate surrounds) a couple of years now.

With so many speakers out there, it is hard to say (IMO) that one is superior to another simply by in-home trial...just too many varibles.

That said, I was in love with my Infinity 2000.5's until.... While I still use the Infinitys in another set-up, I do prefer the sound of the M&K's. The 750's have a less harsh upper end with more dynamic punch in the mids.

The soundstage produced by these speakers are fantastic to say the least. With music and movies, the 80hz crossover seems to allow good blending of the L/C/R w/sub (SVS).

The punch is there and that is nice because, it does not sacrifice detail. When I listen to "Layla" (the unplugged version from the Clapton Chonicles cd).... well let me say that, it is almost a shame that a modest system could deliver this kind of results! I would not go as far as to say he is in my room, but for what I have, it was and is nothing short of fantastic!!!

When THX processing is applied, the speakers are not as "in your face" as before. However, the lack of forwardness does not sacrifice detail or dynamics. It seems to allow better blending between the speakers.

I'm no expert by any means, just an everyday guy that enjoys A/V. I think that the 750's offer a lot of bang (in more ways than one!). THX or not, this is a good solid speaker.

For associated equipment please see my profile.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

top!
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"