Source for replacement multi-channel cable?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jakermc
    • Nov 2001

Source for replacement multi-channel cable?

Well I am finally taking the plunge into SACD and DVD-A with the help of Outlaw's ICBM. What I would like to do, instead of using the supplied cable, is buy a higher quality cable with a DB-25 connection on one end and MALE RCA plugs on the other. This would allow be to plug the cable directly into the ICBM instead of using the supplied cable as an adapter (its RCA connectors are female).

Does anyone know where I can find such a cable?
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

A few options to consider:

1) Monster makes a cable like you are looking for, shown at onecall's site priced at $109.95 (including shipping) for a 2 meter cable (6.6 feet) http://www.onecall.com/PID_11171.htm

2) CableLand advertises a line of this type of product starting at $99 for three feet long: http://www.cableland.com/audio/mcadb10.html

3) You might also try a custom cable assembler such as ElectroTex http://www.electrotex.com/cableform.htm
    Although I don't know specifically if they do the DB-25-to-6 x RCA converter, they build just about any kind of cable "out there" to customer specifications, so it might be worth giving them a call. (800) 460-1801 (I would call them myself right now to find out, but they are closed for the day.) For a one-off special fabrication, they may not be any cheaper than the other options, especially if they've never done this particular design before. But what the heck -- it's a free call. :>)

Good luck!

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• jakermc
      • Nov 2001

Thanks for the links. You are like the old Shell answer man. Is there anything you don't know?

Comment

• dschamis
        • Sep 2001

I got one from www.bettercables.com.

It cost me $99 plus S&H and have been very happy with it.

I think its hard to say whether it is better or worse than the Monster cable - probably depends on who you ask!

David

Comment

• Greg Staten
          • Sep 2001

Call me crazy, but why not use male-male adapters and the existing cable?

Let's be blunt. I'm a video editor (and not with toy gear - I cut on an Avid Symphony) and to be honest, I'd use male-male adaptors. We're talking about $10-20 max for the adaptors (you can get them from a variety of vendors - including Radio Shack). They are in all likelyhood straight metal connections.

I seriously doubt there'd be any signal loss. Can anyone honestly say me that a hundred dollar cable sounds better than the existing cable and $10-20 worth of straight wire adapters???

-greg

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"