WHAT CABLES SHOULD I USE TO HOOK UP MY ONKYO HT-S3200 TO 40" LCD AND BLU RAY PLAYER ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • costafinkel
    • Dec 2009

WHAT CABLES SHOULD I USE TO HOOK UP MY ONKYO HT-S3200 TO 40" LCD AND BLU RAY PLAYER ?

Here's the thing, my stepfather has a 40" LCD and Blu ray player, both samsung.

I just received (TODAY) this Onkyo HT-S3200 and I'll hook it there. But in some months I'll take it to my home where I have a 32" LCD and a hi-def dvd player with hdmi jack.

But when I opened the onkyo box = SURPRISE!! No Hdmi cable, no RCA cable. This means, that I will have to buy it on my own.

Now, I had two generic hdmi cables here and I hooked the image with them. For the sound, I used an old cheap rca cable that was lying around here for years.

Everything works fine.

BUT, I wll buy my car cables on knukonceptz, so I was thinking I could also buy cable(s) for the home theater there too. Its gotta be there, so everything will ship in the same packet to me here in BRAZIL

QUESTION #1 -- Is there much difference from these generic (sony) hdmi cables, and some expensive ones, such as : http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDe...prodID=eKs-HD1

Its 25 bucks for one 1meter hdmi cable!!!! God, that's expensive. If there isnt much difference, I'll think I'll leave it hooked with the sony hdmi cables.

QUESTION #2 -- What is the best option to hook up the sound? I underthing NOTHING about cables, and I noticed there is a big load of cable types, such as optical, coaxial, component, and the old RCA.

There is also a good price variety, and some are really expensive. I'm sorry, but I'll have to cut a limit here, I cannot spend more than 10$ on this sound cabling. What is my best option?

Please, refer to their website (http://www.knukonceptz.com/index.cfm) and let me know what is my best option there (under the home theater section), If Klarity 1-meter (one meter is enough for me) RCA for 4$ would suffice or would be able to get another cable up to 10$ that would really make a difference on the sound.

Please guys, I have urgency because I gotta order my car's cabling too, so if you could help me I'd really apreciate.

thanx, Gabriel.
  • Johnloudb
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2007

My opinion is that if money is tight then don't stress out on cables. Just get good quality cables ... Sony or other standard cables would be fine. Just buy the right type of cable for the application. There are so many other things that have a much bigger affect on sound than cables, such as speaker placement and room acoustics.
    John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

• wettou
      Ultra Senior Member
      • May 2006

Originally posted by Johnloudb
      My opinion is that if money is tight then don't stress out on cables. Just get good quality cables ... Sony or other standard cables would be fine. Just buy the right type of cable for the application. There are so many other things that have a much bigger affect on sound than cables, such as speaker placement and room acoustics.
      Na, check out Monoprice
      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• costafinkel
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by wettou
        Na, check out Monoprice
        Yeah, but what type of cable should I get for the sound?

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"