X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danyu
    • Nov 2001

Audio delay possible w/RDC-7?

I've heard numerous reports of lip-sync issues with the Sharp XV-Z9000U projector. Some have suggested using devices to delay the audio signal to compensate for this. Does the RDC-7 have the capability to do this?

thanks,
    Dan
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Yes, it does. Here is an exceprt from the Instruction Manual:

a. A/V Sync
    If a digital signal processor is connected, there may be times when the audio and video from a DVD or LD player is not output in perfect sync. The result is where the sound and picture do not match and the sound is heard too early. In such a case, use this setting to properly synchronize the audio and video. This setting can be set between 0 to 30 ms in 0.5-ms increments. Under normal circumstances, this can left at 0 ms. For input
    sources using the multi channel port, this setting will not appear.

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• danyu
      • Nov 2001

Wow! Thanks, Bruce. Now I'm really jazzed about this pre/pro. Hopefully the lip-sync issue with the Sharp Z9000 has just been blown out of proportion, but it's nice to know that I may be able to compensate should the problem show up in my system.

thanks,
      Dan

Comment

• danyu
        • Nov 2001

Sorry Burke! My fingers slipped and I typed Bruce.

Thanks again,
        Dan

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"