X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hap123
    • Mar 2006

Integra RDC7 No Auido ? ?

Hello everyone this is my first post, and I just recently purchase a Integra RDC7 w/upgd 2, THX Ultra, and a CinePro 3KE Amp.I am in the process of setting everything up for the first time. I am not getting any audio when I connect to the DVD input using the RCA jack connection located in the DVD input section, I do get video out from the component or S-Video connections. If I connect headphone to the headphone jacks I get a wisper of audio. If I connect the RCA audio jacks directly to the TV's audio input I get the audio.
    During speake setup I get the pink noise (I assuming its pink noise) out of the speaker and can adjust the audio levels. As of now I only have RCA jacks to input for the DVD section. I have the manual and have followed everything the best I can. A DVD player is the only unit connected to the RDC 7. I am all ears for any suggestions.
    Thanks - hap
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Hap,

First, welcome to the HT Guide Forum and Club Integra! Glad you decided to join us and thank you for your post.

Congratulations on your purchse of the RDC-7. It should give you a lot of pleasure -- once you get sound from it, of course. :>)

With the RDC-7, the connection you are describing is an analog connection. This will give you stereo and Dolby ProLogic or simulated surround sound (by choosing one of the appropriate DSP options shown in the manual on the chart on page 39) but will NOT give you Dolby 5.1 or DTS surround sound. To get analog mode to work, you need to make sure that menu option 2-1 b. (Digital Format) is either set to "All" (for auto-detect) or "Analog".

You will also need to find the "Audio" button on the left hand edge of the remote control just under the circle of controls (just under the long "CH" button) and toggle it to Analog by clicking it while the remote is pointed at the RDC-7. You will see the status on the second line of the illuminated window on the face of the unit or vias the On Screen Display (OSD) via the TV set connected to the unit (if that connection s set up properly).

A preferable connection would be to add a coax or optical digital connection from the DVD player to one of the digital inputs on the RDC-7. This is how you will get the fully discrete surround sound that makes DVDs so special. The digital inputs are in a column to the right of the S-Video connections on the back panel. You would then select "DVD" and set menu option 2-1 a. (Digital Input) to whichever digitla audio connection you made. You would also set menu option 2-1 b. to "Auto". Using the remote's "Audio" button, you will want to toggle to "Auto" (the name of the digital connection you are using should be appended to the word "Auto").

Once you've made these setting changes, you should start hearing sound from your DVDs!

Good luck,

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• hap123
      • Mar 2006

Hi Burke,

Thanks for the welcome and the additional insight. I have the audio up and running. . . . just needed to increase the volume on the remote . . . a newbie problem of course :-) I'm also having trouble recalling the display that shows bass and treble control. I displayed this a few time in error, now I'm having trouble displaying this information when I need it.

I have order some Toslink optical digital cable and a few more component cables.

Another problem as a newbie, is connecting (using) the 12v Trigger between the RDC7 and the Cinepro 3Ke power amp. The Cinepro has a 12v Trigger cord with a power supply that must be plug in. The RDC7 has no additional power outlets . . . . any suggestions ? ?

I really do like this unit, it has the THX Ultra 2 upgd. I just need to work my way through the learning curve with the unit and the remote controll.

Thanks again for your support - Hap

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

Hap,

You're welcome! Glad you have the audio up and running. You’ve got a great piece of gear there, and although it does take a while to get familiar with all its “bells and whistles”, it will provide a lot of music and movie enjoyment even with just the basics set up.

In addition to the "VOL" button on the remote, by now you've probably figured out that the big round knob on the right-hand side of the front panel can affect volume too. :>) Also watch out for the "Muting" button on the remote! When you press the Muting button, the word "Muting" appears on the front panel display and sound is severely attenuated.

Use the "Display" button on either the front panel or the remote (in the "ring" of buttons around the "Enter" button above the tall "Ch" button and to the left of the "OSD Menu" button) to cycle the front panel display between: Program format & volume level → Digital input →
        Digital format → Bass level → Treble level → Program format & volume level.

To CHANGE the bass or treble level as set within the RDC-7, go to menu option 2-6 "Sound Effect" a. "Bass" or "b. "Treble" and use the left and right controls (pressing the edge of "Enter" button on the left or right) to decrease or increase the bass or treble. Of course, connecting and controlling a subwoofer is a whole different subject.

Burke

Comment

• Burke Strickland
          • Sep 2001

The Cinepro has a 12v Trigger cord with a power supply that must be plug in. The RDC7 has no additional power outlets . . . . any suggestions ?
          The 12V trigger cord is merely "communicating" the on/off status from the RDC-7 to the power amp. The Cinepro must be switched "on" for the 12V trigger to work. If the trigger cord has its own power supply, there is no reason for the power supply to be plugged into the RDC-7. Plug it into a wall outlet or an extension strip outlet.

If you are referring to the power supply for the Cinepro itself, you would never want to power it through a convenience outlet on another component. (It draws way too much juice for that. In fact, it is looking for a 20 amp circuit.)

Good luck!

Burke
          Last edited by Burke Strickland; 19 March 2006, 21:20 Sunday.

Comment

• hap123
            • Mar 2006

Burke,

Thanks for the info on the display button, and I have the OSD setup as to be able to view it on my TV when needed. I'm at work tonite, in the morning I will try to activate the display and bring up the controls as needed. I make printed copies of your reply as to have for easy recall when needed. I also have a chance to purchase a used RDV1 (DVD player). I waiting for the price and more on the unit.

Thanks again for the insight for the Cinepro 12v trigger concept, what you said makes sense and I'll settle for manual turn on and turn off.

Thanks again - Hap

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"