X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sounddog
    • Feb 2003

RSP 1068 audio lipsync delay?

Hiya,

I had a Rotel 1066 - 1075 and 985 mk11 and ended up selling them all and going for a stereo system.

Well a few months alter i'm bored again... fancy changing back the main thing that I was fedup with on the 1066 was the lack of delay to help lipsync. This annoyed the hell out of me when watching movies.

Can anyone say if the 1068 has this facility so that I can basically delay the sound so it's not running ahead of the TV.

Thanks

Steff
  • wlowney
    • Jan 2004

Yes it does

Comment

• spiffnme
      • Apr 2003

Am I crazy, or doesn't the 1066 offer delays as well? Though I've never heard of it being used for lip sync issues. What am I missing?

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
      All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

• Tom Bombadil
        • Feb 2004

Hey Soundog!

You guys used to be regular posters on the UK avforums. Many people seemed to have quitened down somewhat now. I remember you being a supporter of Rotel kit back then - I took the plunge last year and have been delighted with their products.

Why did you sell your AV kit and go stereo?

Take it easy,

Darren

Source : Imagination
        Power : Courage
        Transducer : Action
        Source : Imagination
        Power : Courage
        Transducer : Action

Comment

• sounddog
          • Feb 2003

Lipsync.

It just annoyed the hell out of me. I didn't see the point in spending that sort of money on an A/V system that just didn't do what I wanted. So I decided to downgrade to any old 6.1 system until I could have something good without lipsync problems.

So played and had lots of fun with good stereo systems in the meantime attached to the front of a cheap 6.1 amp.

Now lipsync is hopefully not an issue i'll give a 1068 a demo in a store when they come out in the UK and guess I had better start saving up for it

I just couldn't justify £2,000 on the processor and 2 poweramps when I was generally wound up by lipsync problems.

*shrug*

Steff

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"