X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris lowe
    • Sep 2011

RE: Opinion needed on B&W CM8 speakers

For HT use in a room with the viewing area about 14 i/2'X14' which is open and extends out on the right side into the dining area. The TV(Panasonic TC-P55GT30 and Panasonic BluRayDMP-BDT310) is in the middle of front wall and the seating area(sofa) is directly accross the room against the opposite wall about 14' away. What do you think of a pair of B&W CM8s for front speakers, B&W CMC2 for a center channel, and ASW ASW610 subwoofer. Am concerned about as wide as possible sound stage and being able to turn it up fairly high. We love to watch movies and I love watching football and college basketball. Unfortunately, due to retraints of the condo construction, surround sound is not viable unless it is wireless, which I am told is not perfected yet. Have asked on the Integra forum which receiver they would recommend. My question is what do you think of this setup, do you have better/different speaker/receiver suggestions. I am a novice, but I am learning and sincerely appreciate the knowledge and expertise available here. Thanks for your consideration
  • stuofsci02
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

Is your intention to use only for HT and TV? Or will you use for 2 channel music etc?
    Main System:
    B&W 801D
    Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
    Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
    Oppo BDP-105
    Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
    B&W CM7
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva UPA-2
    Oppo BDP-83SE
    Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• chris lowe
      • Sep 2011

A very little bit of 2 channel music, etc. with the vast majority being HT and TV

Comment

• chris lowe
        • Sep 2011

I meant to post this on the 'Club B&W Speaker' thread. I am new at this and obviously not proficient yet. My apologies and thanks for the opinions so far..

Comment

• stuofsci02
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2009

Chris,

CM8 are a nice speaker, but I can't help but think if you are going for mostly HT you might get just as good results with a cheaper speaker like the 683. In general for HT you can use a less accurate speaker that can move larger volumes of air and still achieve great results.

The one area, however, I think the CM series will definately be better is the center channel. The CMC2 is a nice little speaker..

I would also look at some other manufactures subs. I love B&W, but I think better value can be found elsewhere when it comes to subs.

Cheers,

Stuart
          Main System:
          B&W 801D
          Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
          Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
          Oppo BDP-105
          Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
          B&W CM7
          Emotiva UMC-1
          Emotiva UPA-2
          Oppo BDP-83SE
          Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• chris lowe
            • Sep 2011

Stuart, Thanks for the good imput. I will look into what you have suggested. Again, Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"