Have you ever listened to B&W PV1?What about Asw610 and Asw610XP?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AwArEnEsS
    • Nov 2009

Have you ever listened to B&W PV1?What about Asw610 and Asw610XP?

Have you ever listened to B&W PV1?What do you think about it?I have read that they can go pretty deep,but I have doubts about its power and have read mixed reviews about it's "slam",what do you think about it's "slam,punchiness"(if you have listened to it or have owned it)?

If you would compare it with a B&W Asw610XP or Asw610,what is the difference between them?Also what do you think about Asw610 and Asw610Xp?
    Last edited by AwArEnEsS; 09 August 2010, 10:40 Monday.
    The universe arises from definitionless awareness.
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by AwArEnEsS
    Have you ever listened to B&W PV1?What do you think about it?I have read that they can go pretty deep,but I have doubts about its power and have read mixed reviews about it's "slam",what do you think about it's "slam,punchiness"(if you have listened to it or have owned it)?

If you would compare it with a B&W Asw610XP or Asw610,what is the difference between them?
    I own a PV1 and have put it through its paces.

Its not short on power that is for sure...500 watts from a class D amp. Too give you an idea of its power I had a neighbor two floors below me complain about it at my old place. IMO its the most musical and accurate sub I have ever heard for its size. It can "slam and Punch" when it needs to, but the reality is what other subs produce as slamming the PV1 will accurately reproduce the frequency and sound intended.

I will say for the price of a PV1 you may find something equal to or better as some of what you pay for is the look and name.

compared to a ASW 600 the PV1 is better in every possible way, i know because i owned one..
    Last edited by Nolan B; 08 August 2010, 22:03 Sunday.

Comment

• AwArEnEsS
      • Nov 2009

Thanks for your answer.

Its not short on power that is for sure...500 watts from a class D amp. Too give you an idea of its power I had a neighbor two floors below me complain about it at my old place. IMO its the most musical and accurate sub I have ever heard for its size. It can "slam and Punch" when it needs to, but the reality is what other subs produce as slamming the PV1 will accurately reproduce the frequency and sound intended.
      I have a little problem about understanding it clearly.Does Pv1 have good "slam/punch" or not?Your neighbor example made me think that it has powerful "slam/punch" but then the last sentence made me think it hasn't that much...Or are they different that neighbor feeling/hearing it and it's "slamming" you?

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by AwArEnEsS
        Thanks for your answer.

I have a little problem about understanding it clearly.Does Pv1 have good "slam/punch" or not?Your neighbor example made me think that it has powerful "slam/punch" but then the last sentence made me think it hasn't that much...Or are they different that neighbor feeling/hearing it and it's "slamming" you?
        I have had subs that simply default to a thump because they did no have the ability to produce what the source intended. The PV1 never acts like this. If there is "slam" intended in the source, the PV1 will do with with flying colors.

Does that answer your question?

Comment

• AwArEnEsS
          • Nov 2009

Yeah,thanks.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"