X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonerin
    • Nov 2011

XPA5 vs Lexicon LX5 for CM8

I am currently using the XPA5 with my CM8. I normally watches movie most of the time almost no music listening. Recently I had started to listen to some music and I was told that lexicon lx5 power amp will sound better for music listening with CM8. Just want to get some general comment about this. The source is some flac files playbac from laptop though an Arcam Rdac.
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I haven't used either amp, I can offer this...

I have an Emotiva LPA-1 and an Cambridge Audio Azur 840W. Never can I recall feeling, I just had to use the 840w because the LPA-1 doesn't cut it. I share this to say, don't be swayed by the "Next Product" for the sake there of. If you're happy with what you have, be happy with what you have. Now if there are other reasons for getting the Lexicon, then go for it. I got my Cambridge at such a good deal, I couldn't turn it down.

Either way, have fun!
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• sgtjim57
      • Dec 2008

XPA-5 owner here, what a difference it made as compared to my Sony TA 77 ES driving only my mains, B & W 603S3 at the time. Upgraded mains to B & W N804, most of the time I now listen to 2 channel music with some surround music on SACD and DVD-A thrown in. Happy. Not sure what a different amp would sound like and not in any hurry to give one a listen knowing it would start another upgrade process.
      Sony Bravia OLED A1E 55"
      SVS SB 2000 X 2
      Denon X4000 (Looking to upgrade due to 4K, ATMOS, DTSX)
      Oppo BDP 93
      Apple TV 4K
      B & W N804 Mains
      B & W 603 Rear surrounds
      B & W LCR 600 Center
      B & W CDS6 (Not in use)
      Sony TA N77ES (Not in use)

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"