X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • b_banks
    • Jun 2007

Resetting DPS 5.5 DVD PLAYER

Can anybody help me out here? I have an Integra DPS 5.5, it is a little over a year old and has had moderate use. When i insert a DVD, it tries to read it and then the screen reads "no disc". The curious thing is I can play regular music CD's on it with no issues. I called ONKYO and they tried to explain how to reset the DVD player by holding down the stop button and combo of other keys. I couldn't quite understand what they were saying. Does anyone know how to perform this operation? Thanks in advance.

Brandon
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Brandon,

Welcome to HT Guide Forum and Club Integra. Thanks for posting your question about your DVD player. Here's the button sequence that should work to get things reset:

1 Switch the player into standby. In other words, turn it "off" using the "Standby/On" button -- not the "Power Switch", which would totally shut it down. ("Standby" stop the machine from playing, but still keeps some circuits active in sort of a "warmed up" state so the player is ready-to-go when you want to listen to a disk, or in this case, enter a "command".)

2 Then using the front panel buttons (NOT the remote control), hold down the "Stop" button and then press "Standby/On" to switch the player back on. You must still be holding down the "Stop" button when you press the "Standby/On" button.

That should do it -- the player should be back to factory default settings. Hope that gets you back to watching DVDs!

Good luck,

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"