X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VictorHRS
    • Apr 2005

Lexicon MC-12 HD and 2ch audio

Hello everyone,

I was offered a brand new Lexicon MC-12 HD (the simple one, not balanced and no RoomEq) recently by my dealer with a very good price and I'm pondering if I should buy it.

Currently my 2ch system consists of an Accuphase DP-67 cd player, an Accuphase E-308 integrated amp and B&W 802D speakers. My multichannel system is based on a Rotel 1068 pre/pro, Rotel RMB 1075 amplifier (driving only the center and surround channels), a Denon 5910 universal player and the Accuphase integrated amp driving the main speakers, in bypass mode.

If I buy the Lexicon, I will sell the Accuphase and the Rotel 1068 and buy a 2ch Mark Levinson No.432 amp.

My question is, is it worth it? How does the Lexicon work as a 2ch pre-amp? Is it comparable to a good dedicated 2ch pre-amp?

I know these are all very subjective questions, so I'm expecting subjective, personall answers. I appreciate all the help I can get.

Thank you,

Victor
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

well, you can bypass the digital circuitry with analog bypass on the MC-12, so it's as pure as the electronics will allow that way. I doubt the Lex will compare to the top of line 2 channel pre-amps, but it will be above most of what is out there in the local markets. The best thing to do would be to tell them you want to audition the 2 channel bypass, using the best amp that they have, and speakers comparable to yours, then evaluate. Of course, for getting the signal from one to the other, some bitchin CATCables would be nice. :B

If you do home theater, for HT, the Lexicon should prove to be a very effective processor, is easy to setup, semi-bullet proof operation wise, the hallmark of a good piece is trouble free operation. Mine has been effectively perfect since they came out. I have no plans to ever replace it in the near future.

Doug
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• VictorHRS
      • Apr 2005

Thanks Doug! :T

I have given up on the Lexicon because I won't be able to audition it before buying. At least a friend of mine is buying it and I'll have the chance to test it later on in my system. I'll tell him about the smokin CATs!

Victor

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

ahh, ok, well, to bad, it's a great piece, but at least your friend will be able to enjoy it. I'd a bought it without an audition.

That would be real nice if you told him about the CATs.

Doug
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Loffen
          • Oct 2005

Hei

What about the "new" HD sound formats,will the Lexicon handel them ?
          I have been through their web page but could not find any information.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"