X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • howzitwerk
    • Dec 2006

Lexicon MC-4 vs external DAC's

I have a MC-4 that I'm only using in 2-ch stereo for the most part. I do plan to setup 7 channel at some point, but I'm so happy with 2-ch and my Orion's that I'm in no hurry. I keep getting intrigued by the Benchmark DAC-1 USB to use with my Mac Mini, which I usually use over Toslink to the Lex just for the convenience. I do have a Rotel RCD-990 with the real nice CDM-9 Pro transport for my most serious listening.

I'm wondering if anyone thinks this could be an improvement over the Lexicon, and if I did try it out if I should try it without the Lexicon and go direct to the Linkwitz crossover, or use the Lex in an analog bypass input? I am real happy with the Lexicon, so I'd probably only want to try the USB version of the Benchmark, I don't know how much better it could be on Tos input for example. Of course I'd compare if I got it, and they do have the 30 day trial period.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"