X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wca156
    • Jun 2005

Audio and Video Sync Problem

I recently purchase an AVR 507 S2 and a new 50 inch plasma TV at the same time. I have had a strange proble that I can not find the source and thought that someone may have some insight. I have a cable card and and a cable box connected to my TV. Very often the audio and vidio is not in sync. This may sound strange, but the sound comes out before the vidio. Many times this will happen when I am using the cable box and when I change over to the cable card, it goes away (or at least it is discernably improved). I had the TV sent to the shop to be repaired but they could not duplicate the problem. Obviously, I thought the problem was with the cable company only. However, when I am watching a movie or concert on DVD I still have the same problem, although to a lesser degree. It is really irritating when watching a piano or drums and it is not in sync. I never really noticed this problem before with the DVD player (a good Sony DVD player that is 5 years old), but it may have been because the TV was 36 inches versus 50 Inches. Also, when I view a DVD on another player it is much better.

The only piece of equipment, that hasn't been checked out, is the receiver. Has anybody ever heard of this type of problem before with the AVR 507 S2, or any other receiver. My dealer hasn't been much help in resolving this problem. We have looked at every piece of equipment except the receiver. Before I call B&K next week, I had hoped to get some input from this group.
    Bill
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Does the AVR 507 S2 have an audio delay setting? Many newer processors do, to address the issue you are seeing. Many digital displays introduce a delay in the video due to having to scale the image to the screen, and this can cause lip sync issues.

I've seen audio sync issues with some digital cable and satellite setups, as well.

Comment

• wca156
      • Jun 2005

I've gone over the manual completely and I can't find anything referring to an audio or video delay. I've also looked for this in my Sony DVD manual, to no avail. I've been told that the issue of the audio occurring before the video is strange. Usually, it's the other way around.

I'm going to try and contact B&K this week. Thanks for the recommendation.
      Bill

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"