X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dgineil
    • Dec 2004

SP5000 DVI Upconversion Problem

I saw post from Dean about DVD upconversion problems with an infocus screenplay 5000. Has anyone else experienced this? I also have an sp5000 and assumed it was a problem with the projector itself and not the dvd player. At this point I have tried a Denon 1910 and a Toshiba 5970 (with hdmi to dvi adaptor). I have only have gotten the upconversion to sync once with the toshiba and never with the Denon. I have gone as far as buying a new M1 cable, DVI cables the 2nd DVD player and just had a 2nd projector shipped. I have also upgraded the firmware on the projector to the latest version. I have a support call open with infocus but it's been over a week. Like Dean I was able to get a Dish HDTV receiver to connect via DVI. I'm strongly considering sending the infocus back to get a panasonic. Does anyone have the same problem or know of a solution?

Thanks,

Neil
  • jeidson
    • Oct 2005

I realize that you posted this almost a year ago, but I have the exact same configuration and am experiencing the same problems...did you ever get a resolution to this, or did you end up with a new projector? Thanks for any info you might have...

Comment

• jeidson
      • Oct 2005

If it helps anyone, I was able to find a DVD player that seems to work perfectly with the DVI functionality of the InFocus SP5000...I bought an LG Model LDA-511. I am not too impressed with some of the menu and remote features, but the picture is amazing when in 1080i...found the player at BestBuy for $149

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Congrats, Jeidson.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• penelope
          • Oct 2005

I'm having a related problem on an InFocus Screenplay 5000. Bought the M-1 adaptor to use HDMI to the HDMI slot on my HD cable box, but it doesn't read. The on-screen display when I plug it in says : "Your TV does not support HDCP." But I believe the Screenplay 5000 does support HDCP. Does anyone know if this is a cable box problem or an Infocus problem? I'm not sure who to call first. (The cable box is an SA Explorer 8300HD.) Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by penelope
            I'm having a related problem on an InFocus Screenplay 5000. Bought the M-1 adaptor to use HDMI to the HDMI slot on my HD cable box, but it doesn't read. The on-screen display when I plug it in says : "Your TV does not support HDCP." But I believe the Screenplay 5000 does support HDCP. Does anyone know if this is a cable box problem or an Infocus problem? I'm not sure who to call first. (The cable box is an SA Explorer 8300HD.) Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
            I've been reading about an awful lot of people having problems with SA boxes.... my guess is that's the culprit
            Jason

Comment

• BlazeMaster
              • May 2004

I have Dean's old SP5000 and I've been using it with a Denon DVD2910 ever since I bought it off him and never had a problem with displaying upconverted 720p image from the Denon. Thanks and let me know if you need any help.

Comment

• penelope
                • Oct 2005

Aud19, thanks for the advice! I was about to call the cable company for other issues with the SA box... like freezing/rebooting during PIP use, dropped recordings of the DVR, etc. - so will add it to the list.

Here's an update: Time Warner told me they do not support HDMI, so it's an inactive connection (would be nice if the onscreen message had said: 'this HDMI connection is inactive,' or if they had mentioned this upfront before I purchased the HDMI cable). As for my other issues, they told me to reboot! As if I hadn't tried that...
                Last edited by penelope; 05 October 2005, 13:40 Wednesday. Reason: update

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"