X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hongcho
    • Mar 2004

Halo C2 Power-down freeze issue?

Has anyone had the same problem?

It doesn't happen all the time, but occasionally, my C2 would freeze while shutting down with "Shutting Down" kept displayed. Power cycling it seems to make it okay, but it is a quite annoying.

I forgot how to look at the firmware version and stuff. But is there an upgrade available to fix this problem?

Hong.

i have great faith in fools -- self confidence my friends call it. -- edgar allan poe
    i have great faith in fools -- self confidence my friends call it. -- edgar allan poe
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

Hi,

You can check the firmware version by keeping the power button pressed during startup.

I think this problem is mentioned in the firmware version thread (see sticky).

For Parasound its a problem, since it isn't very reproducible. I do know they are working on firmware improvements, but I have no clue whether they fixed this problem.

I haven't seen it at all actually on my C2.

Comment

• nicholtl
      • Aug 2003

Yes, that happens to me about 1 in 100 times, but it does happen. I have to physically switch it off from behind. I have an older firmware version, 6.37 or something, but I've been afraid to upgrade for fear that it will make my "party music mode" back to 5 channels (the way it's supposed to be) rather than how it works right now, which is 7 channels.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Hmmm... can't say I've encountered this myself on my C1, but I'll keep my eye open for it.

CHRIS
        Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• Omen
          • Jan 2004

This has never happened to me since I got my C2 early in January. I'm running firmware version 6.52

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"