X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • punks123
    • Sep 2013

Please help me with DSP firmware update for rotel 1560

Can someone please help me with updating the DSP firmware for the rotel 1560? I was able to flash the main board and video to the lastest firmware on the bwgroupsupport. I checked the version on the audio firmware it show 00.00000000. I got this receiver from some one and was not aware if the sound was working properly or not. I used both windows 7 32 bit and currently on Windows xp sp3 but it keep saying failed the dsp response after 7-8 seconds every times I connect to the rotel to flash the firmware the the unit just freeze up. I set my comp port to 1 and baud rate 115200, i tried different port but it the same result. I did try different cat5 cable and usb=>serial, currently using the belkin serial==>usb.
  • punks123
    • Sep 2013

Send it back to rotel for service... 5 years warranty is still good

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Did your dealer look at it before it went back??
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• punks123
        • Sep 2013

Nope... I just explained the problem to the tech and he said it was a common problem for that model. He asked me to fill out the paperwork and said it will likely take a month for everything.

Comment

• punks123
          • Sep 2013

I used hdmi, coaxial, optical, composite but did not get any sound output..

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"