X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iceman
    • Oct 2003

Preview Screen on the C1

I just got my parasound setup and its awesome. However, how do you go about DVD menu on LCD on the C1. I have all DVD hooked up through the component input and componnent out to the tv. Do you hookup an additional s-video out from the DVD to the OSD input on the C1 and if you do this does the C1 automatically upconvert the video signal to component video for the actual TV viewing since both component video and s-video are running to the controller?
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Iceman: Congrats on the Parasound purchase! :banana: A few things:

1. The LCD video display on the C1 will ONLY display video that is sent via composite video, which is the single RCA video cable that normally has a yellow plug.

2. The C1/C2 does not currently do any transcoding, taking a composite or S-Video signal input and sending it out via component. Talking to Parasound reps about this issue, it is something that may be offered in the future as an upgrade. But Parasound is not willing to compromise on quality, and will not even consider doing transcoding until they have developed the system necessary to do so with no degradation to the video signal. (this is the same approach they take to all potential future upgrades)

You already have the best connection for sending video from your DVD player to your TV by doing so through component video, so keep it that way. What you need to do, then, is hook up an ADDITIONAL single yellow composite cable to your DVD player (and any other video source you use like a VCR) for the sole purpose of previewing the video on the C1 LCD screen.

CHRIS
    Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Scarp
      • Mar 2003

Note that some dvd players dont give out both composiet and progressive component outputs, so u would be out of luck on using the LCD screen.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"