X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • art
    • Nov 2005

C2 7.1 hookup with samsung BD player

Since C1/C2 does not support sound via HDMI connection, the closet hookup that will allow us to utilize the new loss-less format is via a 7.1 ch analog connection. To take advantage of the new sound format, I bought a Samsung BD C6500 which has a 7.1 ch analog output to use with my Parasound C2.

It seems to work ok but the issue that i have with this hookup is that I MUST turn the volume up real high to get the designed sound level. For digital hookups via coaxial or optical connection to play lossy DTS or DD 5.1, I only have to set the volume at -14 to get the designed sound level; whereas with 7.1 ch analog hookup, i have to set the volume at +1 to get the same sound level. In the past, I used the 7.1 hookup to play SACD from Sony DVD player, I did not have to raise the volume. In fact the sound level for this hooked up was little loader vs the coaxial/optical hookup.

Does anybody experience the same problem as I?
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Hmmm... Art, have you checked out the thread I started here about "How I've added high-def audio to my C1"?
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• art
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Chris D
      Hmmm... Art, have you checked out the thread I started here about "How I've added high-def audio to my C1"?
      now that you mentioned it; I remember reading something like that a while back, about two years ago. Let me check it out again.

Thanks
      Art

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"