New to the forum and potential Halo owner.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomDac
    • Feb 2007

New to the forum and potential Halo owner.

Hi guys,
    just wanted to introduce myself and say THANKS for providing such a great resource.

I'm seriously considering a major upgrade to my system which currently consists of MartinLogan reQuest as mains, MartinLogan Cinema for center and some Klipsch quintets for surrounds (I know.. they'll get replaced soon). I'm using a Denon AVR4800 as my processor and to power everything but the mains, which are being powered by a Carver TFM35x amp.

My plan is to get a pair of JC1s first, then get a C1 processor and finally an A52 for the rest of the channels.

Everything I've read about the Halo stuff appeals to me: The C1 is good for 2 channel as well as HT
    The JC1s will drive my mains effortlessly
    Great warantee.

When I've got enuff money, I'll start seriously auditioning this.. Maybe as early as this fall - i never do changes to my system quickly....

Anyway, great to be here.

Tom.
    MartinLogan Club
    Click HERE to see my system.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

:later: Hey, Tom, welcome! :banana:

Awesome, I would love to drive ML's off of JC1's. (or Magnepans)
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• r100gs
      • May 2005

Originally posted by TomDac
      Hi guys,
      just wanted to introduce myself and say THANKS for providing such a great resource.

I'm seriously considering a major upgrade to my system which currently consists of MartinLogan reQuest as mains, MartinLogan Cinema for center and some Klipsch quintets for surrounds (I know.. they'll get replaced soon). I'm using a Denon AVR4800 as my processor and to power everything but the mains, which are being powered by a Carver TFM35x amp.

My plan is to get a pair of JC1s first, then get a C1 processor and finally an A52 for the rest of the channels.

Everything I've read about the Halo stuff appeals to me: The C1 is good for 2 channel as well as HT
      The JC1s will drive my mains effortlessly
      Great warantee.

When I've got enuff money, I'll start seriously auditioning this.. Maybe as early as this fall - i never do changes to my system quickly....

Anyway, great to be here.

Tom.

This is going to be an excellent system. ;x( If you are going to throw some JC1's into the mix, I would step up to the A51.
      Jay

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by r100gs
        This is going to be an excellent system. ;x( If you are going to throw some JC1's into the mix, I would step up to the A51.
        Better yet: JC1 for the important center channel, an A21 for the surrounds and an A23 for the rear channels... That's a way to cut the budget and still have about the best you can get.

The center channel needs to get the best it can get. A JC1 + A51 or JC1+pair of A23 are of course other options...

Peter

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

You know, Peter, I've often considered doing that--upgrading to a JC1 for my center channel, letting my A21 drive my mains, and then still use my A51 for the 4 surround channels, which would leave one channel of amplification open in the A51. (Hmmm... perhaps it's time to add a ceiling speaker using the programmable channels?)

As one channel of my A51 is currently driving my center, this would be a big step up in fidelity, not to mention the obvious power increase.
          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

You guys make me jealous.... :B

Comment

• avddreamr
              • Aug 2005

You know....
              I have a pair of jc1's and a C1, and sadly yes I'm downgrading.

If you're interested that is.

Nes

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Ah, Nes, you should tell us more! Why downgrading?
                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• avddreamr
                  • Aug 2005

O R I O N, at some point very soon.
                  And its just not practical to buy 6 more jc1's.

Although I'm going to try to stay with parasound for amps, a pair of the 6 channel 120 watts look like a great option.

Nes

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"